Assign a category name to the Find intent generated by EntityPropertyQuery

In an AppIntent we can declare an IntentDescription with a categoryName to group similar intents:

struct OpenArtist: AppIntent {

static var description: IntentDescription = IntentDescription("Opens a specific artist.", categoryName: "artistsSection")

// Additional properties
}

But how can we assign the same category to the "Find AppEntity" intent generated when we declare an EntityPropertyQuery? I want to group it along with the other intents that handle the same entity, but since it is generated by the system, I don't know how to assign a category to it.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of marcosatanaka Down vote post of marcosatanaka
1.2k views

Replies

Same question here, I too would like to be able to group the automatically generated "Find note" intent from the EntityPropertyQuery with the other actions assigned to the "Notes" category through the intent descriptions.

Related, I also noticed that the Notes app and Calendar app use the plural form, i.e. "Find notes" instead of "Find note". Is there a way to achieve this?

For the plural thing you need to use the numericFormat parameter of TypeDisplayRepresentation, and add a .stringsdict file declaring how the plural should look for the entity name. There's an example in the TypeDisplayRepresentation documentation