Your app requires users to provide their name and/or email address after using Sign in with Apple.

Hi there,

This is the first time to post here and I hope someone can share similar experience.

Our company app update was rejected twice within a week by this reason. (Your app requires users to provide their name and/or email address after using Sign in with Apple. )

Which we already submitted a new build of this fix along with an explanation and screen recording. However as you may know, there's no way to retrieve username after the first-time Apple sign in (value is null), so what our solution is to save the username in our server instantly after the 1st time API callback. It works as expected in several physical devices and simulators.

However, I wonder the situation now is: The device / robot that use to check our APP didn't clear the "Apps Using Apple ID" in iOS setting, the fix will not work because it has already passed the 1st time login. Otherwise in our side, we cannot find and resolve the issue.

Anything I can do other than file an appeal to App Review Team?

Thanks for your time.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of LouisTheTeemo Down vote post of LouisTheTeemo
2.4k views

Replies

Hey Louis, our team received the exact rejection message, came to the same solution, were rejected once again rejected in the same fashion, and finally started to have the same concerns about the apple review process. I really hope you're not in the same situation a month later. Were you able to get this resolved?

Hello. Was it possible to find a solution?

My app gets rejected for this every time I submit a new version for review. The app is a React-Native Firebase app that supports Apple sign-in. The problem is that the underlying authentication services framework only returns the user's full name on the very first sign-in operation. Any subsequent sign-in with the same Apple ID on the same device does not return the user's full name. I have to appeal to the review board every time, explaining to them how their own authentication framework works, and generally, the approve my submission within 24 hours of the appeal. The Firebase Auth documentation regarding Apple sign-in at https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/ios/apple#sign_in_with_apple_and_authenticate_with_firebase has the following note:

Important: Apple only shares user information such as the display name with apps the first time a user signs in. Use OAuthProvider.appleCredential(withIDToken:rawNonce:fullName:) to make sure Firebase stores the display name the first time a user signs in with Apple. You can later retrieve the user's full name with Auth.auth().currentUser.displayName. However, if you previously used Apple to sign a user in to the app without using Firebase, Apple will not provide Firebase with the user's display name.

I basically refer to this in my appeal and tell them it is due to the fact their app review "robot" is signing in with a previously used Apple ID, so the API is not returning the full name in the authentication response, and therefore my app cannot populate the user's name fields within my app. They really need to "fix" this review process, because I have to go though this EVERY time I submit a new version for review and it delays the approval by a day or more.

• Hey @tlfud, would you mind sharing the message you send them? I'm currently in a ping pong game trying to explain them but I literally get the same reply every single time.

Add a Comment