PhotoLibrary won't load on simulator but does on my iPad

I'm creating a multiplatform app on the Beta Xcode and have just migrated code over to set an image from the photo library. When I run the app on my iPad (with beta OS) it works fine. When running the same code on the iOS simulator I end up with a blank view without any images.

There are a lot of errors outputted to the console starting with:

2022-07-12 09:59:46.037994-0700 MyAppName[10647:2080202] [UIFocus] TtGC7SwiftUI14_UIHostingViewVS_7AnyView implements focusItemsInRect: - caching for linear focus movement is limited as long as this view is on screen.

objc[10647]: Class _EXRunningExtension is implemented in both myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x7ff864a43f90) and myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x1231e5d48). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[10647]: Class EXConcreteExtension is implemented in both myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x7ff864a43fe0) and myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x1231e5d98). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[10647]: Class EXExtensionPointCatalog is implemented in both myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x7ff864a44030) and myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x1231e5de8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

and ending with:

objc[10647]: Class _EXSceneSessionConnectionResponse is implemented in both myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x7ff864a45250) and myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x1231e7008). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[10647]: Class EXService_Subsystem is implemented in both myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x7ff864a452a0) and myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x1231e7058). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[10647]: Class _EXConnectionHandlerExtension is implemented in both myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x7ff864a45318) and myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x1231e70d0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[10647]: Class EXXPCUtil is implemented in both myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x7ff864a45340) and myPathway/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/ExtensionFoundation.framework/ExtensionFoundation (0x1231e70f8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

2022-07-12 09:59:47.154471-0700 MyAppName[10647:2080475] [NSExtension] Unable to setup extension context - error: Couldn’t communicate with a helper application.

2022-07-12 09:59:47.154654-0700 MyAppName[10647:2080349] [NSExtension] Async Begin using error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4097 "connection to service named com.apple.mobileslideshow.photo-picker.apple-extension-service" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=connection to service named com.apple.mobileslideshow.photo-picker.apple-extension-service}

2022-07-12 09:59:47.154847-0700 MyAppName[10647:2080202] UIImagePickerController UIViewController create error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4097 "connection to service named com.apple.mobileslideshow.photo-picker.apple-extension-service" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=connection to service named com.apple.mobileslideshow.photo-picker.apple-extension-service}

I guess I'm wondering if someone else came across this and how you fixed it. Is it an error on my side or the beta software?

is implemented in both

Don't worry about this. In fact, linker will use one the 2 versions (which are probably the same). That does not cause any error.

PhotoLibrary won't load on simulator

That's normal. You just have the default 6 images, for testing. You can add some of your own photos if you need, but not get the full album directly.

any solution

PhotoLibrary won't load on simulator but does on my iPad

Q