xcode14b3 makes xcode13.4.1 unusable with .xibs / storyboards

Anyone else having this issue where if you install xcode14b3 use it then try to go back and use 13.4.1 it simply will not build anymore with error :

Encountered an error communicating with IBAgent-iOS.

and if you click on any xib or storyboard xcode will just crash.

Ive tried unisntalling each one, rebooting, reinstalling 13.4.1, removing all xcode data etc, and still 13.4.1 is broken.

Anyone at apple know how we can 'fix' our 13.4.1 install short of reformatting HD / buying a new computer?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of lmDeveloper1 Down vote post of lmDeveloper1
2.4k views
  • Same issue for me.

Add a Comment

Replies

In my case I saw this after trying out Xcode 14b3 and switching back to Xcode 13.4.1 but not the active developer directory, xcode-select -s ~/Applications/Xcode.app did the job here.

Am having the same issue.

Tried deleting both 13.4.1 and 14b3, all related caches, clean project, delete all in Library/Developer/Xcode/*, reinstalling, rebooting in-between and I'm still unable to open any .xib/.storyboard.

xcode-select -p is showing the correct path as well... Incredibly frustrating this.

It seems if you download and install xcode 13.2.1 it WILL work, but still 13.4.1 will still not work :( . so as a workaround install 13.2.1 Apple any thoughts i would love to have 13.4.1 working again? :)

https://twitter.com/parrots/status/1544817250410037248

I’m having the exact same issue. I even tried reinstalling my Mac OS to no avail. Has anyone raised the issue with Apple? Or know of a workaround ? I guess the beta install has corrupted previous Xcode’s.