ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage for UIPrintInfo, UIPrintInteractionController in Mac Catalyst app

We have several Mac Catalyst apps that use UIPrintInfo and UIPrintInteractionController to support printing. Both of these classes are marked as available on Mac Catalyst 13.1 in the documentation and we do not receive any errors or warnings using them in our app. We have successfully uploaded to App Store Connect recently with apps that use those classes, but now are receiving error messages from App Store Connect complaining that the use of these classes is non-public API and receive the ITMS-90338 error, even though no code has changed. Is this an issue on the validation side, or are these classes no longer supported on Mac Catalyst? Thanks in advance for any help!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Triglyph Down vote post of Triglyph
4.1k views
  • Thank you for this report. It is definitely unexpected that UIPrintInfo and UIPrintInteractionController are being reported as non public! The team is investigating.

• I have the problem too! ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage. The app contains or inherits from non-public classes in Contents/MacOS/MyAppName: UIPrintInfo, UIPrintInteractionController, UIPrintPageRenderer, UIPrinter, UIPrinterPickerController 

• I'm getting the same rejected binary message.

Replies

I just hit that problem, too, so it's not just you. The iOS versions of the same apps submitted fine.

It seems to be a validation error. I have received the same message today for a catalyst app that has a very long version history with an unchanged UIPrintInteractionController implementation.

I got the same error after uploading the app yesterday.

The iOS version of the same app was accepted without any problem and previous version of the Mac/Cathalyst version was also accepted (without changes in the usage of these classes since then).

I created a thread about it yesterday, but it looks like UIMarkupTextPrintFormatter got caught up in this as well.

+1 here. I am working on a critical fix and seeing this, how's your weekend?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Cyan Down vote reply of Cyan
  • I've opened an FB and a TSI, here's my number: FB10196751.

Add a Comment

ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage - The app contains or inherits from non-public classes in Contents/MacOS/Whiteboard: UIPrintPageRenderer, UISimpleTextPrintFormatter . If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed. For further information, visit the Technical Support Information at http://developer.apple.com/support/technical/

We're seeing this problem too, and are unable to test our apps as a result. @Pheynen, do you have an ETA on this?

I am having the exact same issue with a macCatalyst app. ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage - The app contains or inherits from non-public classes in UIPrintInfo, UIPrintInteractionController, UIPrintPageRenderer. I have not changed the code in 6 months.

Same here. UIPrintInteractionController and UIPrintInfo are rejected as non-public APIs.

Same problem, same error message. Hope to get this resolved soon!

Same problem here

I have the same problem.

4 days now and still no solution? :(

Same here. We first noticed it on June 10th (5 days ago), called App Store Support and they first told us we'd have to file a TSI. I balked at that since it's clearly an App Store problem (we've been submitting updates to this app for over a year) and they said they'd get back to me. So far, no further response from Apple.

• I literally filed a TSI and heard back nothing from them, it's been several days.

Add a Comment

The team has identified the cause and is working non rolling out the fix. We should have more good news soon.

• Thanks for sharing, that's really good news, I have been refreshing the forums for days.

Add a Comment