iPhone running warmer than normal under iOS 16 beta

I’m getting a temperature warning under halide after installing iOS 16 beta and I have to admit it’s running warmer than usual. Am I the only one experiencing warmer than usual temperatures after installing iOS 16 beta?

Replies

This has a usual occurrence historically with developer betas, especially the earlier betas before optimisations are released across the later betas.

It's strongly recommended to install developer betas on devices dedicated to testing, but if it's causing thermal throttles during development I recommend a decent desk phone stand to help cool the device, avoiding wireless charging.

I’m using a usb-c to lightning cable. Maybe MagSafe would run cooler. I have the hyper 4-1 charger. Phones already warm. Think I’ll leave it turned off overnight though. Battery is at 81 percent so once it drops below 80 I’ll get a battery replacement and that will be that until the 14 pro max ships. I’m due for an upgrade.

Please feel free to report this issue via Feedback Assistant — there are some great tips on how to do that here.