MacOS 13, Networking not working

Is anyone else seeing network connectivity issues in macOS 13? I have severe issues with with wired, wifi and hotspot connections. This on a 14” MacBook Pro.

safari does not work at all, says that all pages unexpectedly dropped the connection.

firefox and chrome can get out but with issues.

ping and traceroute in terminal works sporadically.

even connection on local network is affected 🫣🤔

• Forgot… more or less all apple services and applications seems to be affected by it and not working. Photos, mail, appstore…

Add a Comment

Replies

Turns out it was little snitch not properly working, even when deactivated. So, heads up if you use it.

I had something similar. Do you have Little Snitch or something of that kind installed? I managed to remove it through the new Network panel in System Settings.

• Yes. It was exactly that, Little Snitched that acted up. Tried to post this earlier in this thread but might be stuck in moderation. So there might be a double post here eventually. 😬

Add a Comment

On a Monterey 12.4 host (Intel), I just updated a VMWare Fusion guest to Ventura. The VM had been running the latest 12.5 beta. Just like that, no more network. On the Network panel in the Ventura's new System Settings, ethernet shows as disconnected.

• Future Jerry: my issue proved to be on the Fusion side. Editing the ethernet setup in the VM's .vmx file did the trick.

• I have the same issue as jerryfrit: I cloned a Mac 12 VMware Fusion guest and upgraded it to 13 beta 1. As soon as I rebooted it, ethernet was shown as disconnected and I was unable to either connect it or otherwise bring it back to life. I discarded that VM, then when Mac 13 beta 2 was released I repeated my steps and the same thing happened.

Add a Comment

Little snitch was the culprit for me. That being said, even after uninstalling LS and then upgrading to Ventura, the Network settings is still blank (works though, and connectivity is fine, but it’s blank).

Cheers,