iOS 16.0 No Live Photo assignment as Wallpaper/Home/Lock Screen

Used to be able to assign a Live Photo as a new Wallpaper showing the static and video image prior to iOS 16. The beta version of iOS 16.0 accepts the Live Photo as a static image only. Not sure if this is a bug in the current prerelease or a permanently dropped feature. Anyone else observed this issue?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of DJHarter Down vote post of DJHarter
2.9k views
  • I have the same problem in ios 16, branded live wallpapers and special ones for the iphone xs max model have completely disappeared, which is very sad, I hope that in the next update they will return live wallpapers from Live Photo

• and that I have already tried to put several live photos as wallpaper, but they are just like a static picture and more than one tip from apple care support did not help

Add a Comment

Replies

Thanks for the report. It’s the expected behavior.

It's crazy that this feature would be removed. It will be great to still be able to use the live photo's as live wallpapers with the new lockscreen.

Are there any plans to bring this feature back? or into the new wallpaper system rather? I almost regret updating as this point.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Reon Down vote reply of Reon

Please bring back “live wallpaper” to iOS 16! It is missed!