A question about data download in App Review

Recently my app was rejected, the review team said that our app downloaded code via a CDN link. After our thorough inspection, this CDN link is used to make sure all content required to run the app is installed when users are playing the game. If the resources are not complete, our app will visit the CDN link for to download resource files. And if there are bugs in app, it can be used to fix bugs, too. So I want to know if it means that we can not use the CDN link to download the resources? Or can anyone help me? Thanks very much.

Replies

If I understand your intent, you want to be able to download code in the app ? Or download a new version of the app (outside of Appstore ?).

AFAIK, that's forbidden.

I think the App Store Guidelines are clear at this point. Take a look at 2.4.5.IV: They may not download or install standalone apps, kexts, additional code, or resources to add functionality or significantly change the app from what we see during the review process. and 2.4.5.VII: They must use the Mac App Store to distribute updates; other update mechanisms are not allowed.