Blank Satellite Map Tiles (using Mapkit JS)

There appears to be an issue with satellite map tile appearing as blank/black when using Mapkit JS on the web. See example from duckduckgo which uses Mapkit JS below (switch to satellite view to see blank tiles):-

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=CH44+5UP&t=h_&ia=maps&iaxm=maps

I have the same issue when using Mapkit JS. It is only a recent issue but appears widely across the UK (not sure of other countries).

Does anyone know, how to raise this as an issue to the Apple Maps or Mapkit JS people (I can't seem to see a support email address or similar)?

Thanks in advance.

FWIW I can confirm the same issue occurring, currently observing this for example in northern Germany for a lot of tiles around the z=12 zoom level (but I can see errors up to z=7); the tiles seem to be valid files but empty. Curiously the DuckDuckGo variant also shows missing tiles but they generally seem to differ from what we observe on our own application. The missing tiles do not seem to simply correspond to specific CDN hosts unfortunately, I get some valid tiles as well as some broken ones from sat-cdn1/2/3/4.

The root cause has been identified and fixed. Thank you for letting us know!

Blank Satellite Map Tiles (using Mapkit JS)

Q