Kernel Panic with Xcode 13.3

MacBook Pro 2018 mid 13.3" Xcode 13.3 Mac OS Monterey 12.3

I had the kernelpanic bellow three time today. I had Xcode with simulator running all times.

Have anyone this issue?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of akikos Down vote post of akikos
6.4k views
  • As per log simulator is causing issue. Delete the simulator and add it gain

Xcode>window>device and simulators>switch to simulators tab>Select iPhone 13 pro max and delete it> on the bottom click + and add iPhone 13 pro max again.

Try this way . Might work.

Add a Comment

Replies

I updated Xcode and macOS yesterday and I had a kernel panic after that.

macOS Monterey v.12.6 Xcode v14.0

Do anyone tried beta versions of macOS Ventura?

• Same issue and same macOS and XCode versions.^^

Add a Comment

macOS 12.6.1 & XCode14.1

I have simulator Xcode opened for seven hour and I have no kernel panic? The issue must be fixed.

Look like it does not crash when using older simulators, e.g. iPhone 5S (iOS 12) or iPhone SE 1st gen (iOS 15). Somebody else mentioned iPhone 7 (iOS 15) also works. (It also does not crash when not running any simulator.) Otherwise it crashes when running e.g. iPhone 12 or iPhone 14 simulators even in Xcode 14.1 or 14.2.

• Thank you -- worked for me! macOS 12.6.3 with XCode 14.2 -- kernel panic. macOS 12.6.3 with XCode 14.2, but running iOS 15.5 sim -- no problem! It would not have occured to me to try installing an older iOS if you hadn't suggested it. It was getting old to have to fire up a VM of Big Sur and XCode 12.5 for this. As a computer scientist it's a bit disturbing that whatever's going south triggers a kernel panic rather than Simulator crash but shrug workaround successful

• Later I found out that it was crashing also on older Simulators, but much more rarely. Not having enough RAM might worsen the issue (e.g. I was on 8 GB). I solved it for good by upgrading from Intel to M2 Mac mini back in August and it was very worth it.

Add a Comment

I observed this crash happen on latest xcode 14.2 and Monterey 12.6.2. It would just pop up randomly while doing debugging on iOS simulator. This all happens when I was logged in as a standard user on MacBook.

After logging in as Admin user, I haven't faced a single panic, even though my Memory consumption increases a lot ( 4 -5 GB of swap space). Hope it helps someone..

Having the same issue since almost 8 months now.

Still happening on Version 14.2 (14C18) Mac OS 13.2.1

MBP 2019

Same issue, don't know why aren't they fixing, when so many of them have same problem

same problem on my Macbook pro early 2015 latest xcode crashes on any simulator above ios 13

I had the same issue on a Mac Mini 2018 with 8GB of ram. Ram usage was always high with everything that was open at the same time (xcode, web browser with huge amount of tabs, android studio, ...). After upgrading to 32GB of RAM I haven't had this issue again (yet?). So it seems related to available RAM, even if this should not crash the whole machine, so Apple needs to fix this ...

When I had 8GB of RAM I found that closing everything I could close to liberate some RAM would mitigate the issue, and prevent it from happening too frequently. Another thing thats seemed to help was to use iPhone SE Simulator (even with last iOS version), maybe since it uses less RAM.

• same issue here: macbook pro 2019 macOS Ventura 13.5.1 Xcode 15.0 with each simulator which had iOS 17, panic error happened.

• sorry, I wanted to post previous comment as a separate reply and I wrongly post as a comment to your post. couln't delete it now

Add a Comment

same issue here: macbook pro 2019 macOS Ventura 13.5.1 Xcode 15.0 with each simulator which had iOS 17, panic error happened.

Same issue with MBP 2015 13' and XCODE 14.2

I solved it for good by upgrading from Intel to M2 Mac mini back in August and it was very worth it. (I wouldn't bet on Apple to fix the issue on Intel.)