Kernel Panic with Xcode 13.3

MacBook Pro 2018 mid 13.3" Xcode 13.3 Mac OS Monterey 12.3

I had the kernelpanic bellow three time today. I had Xcode with simulator running all times.

Have anyone this issue?

I have the same problem :(

same problem here

having the same issue on my MBP 2020 i5

same problem.

panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff7fad8e5505): "Submission on work queue 35 failed due to insufficient space!\n" @IGGuC.cpp:2899

Any solution ??

As per log simulator is causing issue. Delete the simulator and add it gain

Xcode>window>device and simulators>switch to simulators tab>Select iPhone 13 pro max and delete it> on the bottom click + and add iPhone 13 pro max again.

Try this way . Might work.

As per log simulator is causing issue. Delete the simulator and add it gain

Xcode>window>device and simulators>switch to simulators tab>Select iPhone 13 pro max and delete it> on the bottom click + and add iPhone 13 pro max again.

Try this way . Might work.

The issue remains on Xcode 13.3.1

I have no solution yet :(.

Same MacBook Pro 2018 13", same MacOs 12.3.1, same Xcode 13.3.1, same issue!

Same problem here, really gets annoying by now ... the Mac is restarting almost every night when I forget to close the simulator, and sometimes during the day too

The issue seems to be fixed on Xcode 13.4. I have the simulator running for three hours with no restart yet.

Xcode 14Beta didn't help actually. Still crashing

I stated the issue to Apple via feedbackassistant. https://feedbackassistant.apple.com

Anyone have the same issue do it.

Any solution for this?

I have been facing this issue for the past few months. Tried reinstalling macOS, updating xcode. Nothing help.

I have this too. I had 4 complete system crashes since yesterday. I am wondering if that happens because my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) only has 8GB of RAM. Because "Submission on work queue 36 failed due to insufficient space!" sounds like the Metal driver could not allocate enough memory. Of course this is still a severe bug and should be fixed by Apple. But I'm curious if people with 16 GB or 32 GB have this as well. I noticed my memory pressure often goes yellow when I run the simulator.

Maybe testing on the simulator of an older iPhone with less RAM might be a workaround.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) only has 8GB of RAM.

When I work with simulators like iPhone 11, 12, 13 - usaly I got frozen screen, but the mouse still moves.

If do work with iPhone 7 simulator - no problem. So problems with iPhone 11, 12, 13 (I didn't test iPads)

Still not fixed I don't know when will it be fixed

For now I'm running Mac OS big sur and manually added device support files for ios 15.5 to test on real device when needed sometimes.

And for simulators its working fine no crashes whatsoever.

But yes you need to downgrade to Big Sur to make things work normally.

I updated Xcode and macOS yesterday and I had a kernel panic after that.

macOS Monterey v.12.6 Xcode v14.0

Do anyone tried beta versions of macOS Ventura?

macOS 12.6.1 & XCode14.1

I have simulator Xcode opened for seven hour and I have no kernel panic? The issue must be fixed.

Look like it does not crash when using older simulators, e.g. iPhone 5S (iOS 12) or iPhone SE 1st gen (iOS 15). Somebody else mentioned iPhone 7 (iOS 15) also works. (It also does not crash when not running any simulator.) Otherwise it crashes when running e.g. iPhone 12 or iPhone 14 simulators even in Xcode 14.1 or 14.2.

I observed this crash happen on latest xcode 14.2 and Monterey 12.6.2. It would just pop up randomly while doing debugging on iOS simulator. This all happens when I was logged in as a standard user on MacBook.

After logging in as Admin user, I haven't faced a single panic, even though my Memory consumption increases a lot ( 4 -5 GB of swap space). Hope it helps someone..

Having the same issue since almost 8 months now.

Still happening on Version 14.2 (14C18) Mac OS 13.2.1

MBP 2019

Same issue, don't know why aren't they fixing, when so many of them have same problem

same problem on my Macbook pro early 2015 latest xcode crashes on any simulator above ios 13

I had the same issue on a Mac Mini 2018 with 8GB of ram. Ram usage was always high with everything that was open at the same time (xcode, web browser with huge amount of tabs, android studio, ...). After upgrading to 32GB of RAM I haven't had this issue again (yet?). So it seems related to available RAM, even if this should not crash the whole machine, so Apple needs to fix this ...

When I had 8GB of RAM I found that closing everything I could close to liberate some RAM would mitigate the issue, and prevent it from happening too frequently. Another thing thats seemed to help was to use iPhone SE Simulator (even with last iOS version), maybe since it uses less RAM.

same issue here: macbook pro 2019 macOS Ventura 13.5.1 Xcode 15.0 with each simulator which had iOS 17, panic error happened.

Kernel Panic with Xcode 13.3

Q