Why is Safari even blocking an apple.com site?

I've posted before about the new Safari blocking some sites. Now it's even blocking some of apple.com sites! Witness:

"Safari can't find the site mysupport-pilot.apple.com".

My versions are: safari Version 15.4 (17613.1.17.1.5) Monterey 12.4 beta 21E5222a

Both Website tracking and Hide IP address are unchecked.

This is now getting to the point that I'm going to stop using Safari altogether since it's so unpredictable as to what sites will be blocked. Does anybody else have this problem?

Replies

apple needs to do a lot of fixing in safari. after i sign in to this forums, if i come back after an hour, this site takes forever to load or fails completely till i restart safari. switching to chrome to post on apple forums is really sad.

“can’t find the site” seems rather more like a DNS error, or a site that doesn’t exist.

Here, the specified mysupport-pilot.apple.com website also doesn’t seem to exist in DNS, a d there are very few references.

Same issues when booted in Safe Mode?

Do you have any VPN apps, add-on anti-malware apps, add-on cleaner apps, or similar, loaded onto this Mac?

And check with whatever Apple service has you trying to access that site, and see if a login or some other setup is required.