App crashes on launch - dyld: Symbol not found: _vfork

App crashes on launch iOS 14 and lower simulators using Xcode 13.2.1 on M1 MacBook Pro

Referenced from: /Users/anilsudhakaran/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/APIGuardTest-cvlwhhwgzpcsbhdqtgbbgjryqdqj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/APIGuard.framework/APIGuard

Expected in: /Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 13.7.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

in /Users/anilsudhakaran/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/APIGuardTest-cvlwhhwgzpcsbhdqtgbbgjryqdqj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/APIGuard.framework/APIGuard

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

DYLD_ROOT_PATH=/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 13.7.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/anilsudhakaran/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/APIGuardTest-cvlwhhwgzpcsbhdqtgbbgjryqdqj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator:/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 13.7.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/system/introspection

DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 13.7.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/libBacktraceRecording.dylib:/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 13.7.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/libMainThreadChecker.dylib:/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 13.7.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DTDDISupport.framework/libViewDebuggerSupport.dylib

DYLD_FALLBACK_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 13.7.si
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of anils Down vote post of anils
1.6k views

Replies

I'm having a similar problem. Did you find a solution?

Same here. Crashing on dyld: Symbol not found: _vfork when running on iOS 13.7 simulator.

Both the Thread Sanitizer and the Address Sanitizer are disabled as per other threads:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/695167 https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/686884

I've the following setup:

• MacBook Pro with M1 Pro silicon
  • Monterey 12.3.1
  • Xcode 13.3.1
  • And in my case both the Thread Sanitizer and the Address Sanitizer are disabled

• Do you use APIGuard.framework too?

Add a Comment