Mac App Store TestFlight not available when using non-Xcode developer tools

@eskimo, The application which is not made with Xcode, has a provision profile, but App Store Connect says "Not Available for Testing".

My Googlefu appears weak as I can't seem to figure out why this is, except that it mentions you need to be using Xcode 13 or newer.

Am guessing Xcode is adding some meta data to the Info.plist file which TestFlight requires.

Is it possible to know which keys and values are required to satisfy TestFlight?

If it's not plist keys, is there something else that's needed, that can be shared? We can do this privately if desired.

Replies

There’s probably an easy answer to this that I’m not aware of because I’m not really an expert on TestFlight. If you open a DTS tech support incident, I, or maybe one of my colleagues, will be able to research this properly.

OTOH, if you want to dig into this independently:

1. Build a Mac app in Xcode.

2. Using the Xcode organiser to export an App Store-ready installer package.

3. Upload that using Transporter or altool.

4. Does that support TestFlight? If not, it’s definitely TSI time.

5. If it does — and this is what I expect will happen — you can start comparing your installer package, which doesn’t work, to Xcode’s one, which does.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks Quinn, A simple app built-in in Xcode does indeed work. At first glance the Info.plist from Xcode does contain far more keys/values, so I'll start experimenting with those.

Thanks for your time and the hint.

Add a Comment