1099-K's sent out?

Hi, I have not received my 1099-K for 2021. Has anyone gotten theirs? Seems like I should have received it by now. Is the limit still $20K?

Jeez, I hate these new forums so much. It's like their designed to discourage their use. Thanks, Patrick

Replies

Yes, the limit is $20k and over 200 transactions. I haven't gotten mine either. (Forgot to update my address when moving.) I just got a reply back from the support request I filed last week. Their solution was to email Vendortax at apple dot com directly. Their instructions say: Be sure to include your legal entity name, team ID and vendor number. Hopefully this saves you a few days of waiting for a response.

It's ridiculous that you have to jump through all these hoops to get a tax form from Apple of all companies. Literally every other company I've done business with (banks, mortgage companies, Google, etc.) has an option to just download the forms online. But with Apple you have to call support, get a link to the right page, submit a form, wait 5 days, email the next support person, and then probably wait for the form to arrive snail mail.

It's also stupid that they report the ***** sales before all the taxes, fees, and commissions are taken out. And then the dates from the sales don't match the dates when the net amount is deposited in your bank account. The deposit in January 2021 is from the sales in December 2020. Trying to figure it all out for taxes is a huge mess every year. And I always worry that the IRS is going to look at my return and say, "Hey, Apple says you earned $XX but this says you only took home half that. I want proof that you actually paid all that in taxes and commissions."