How to close MacOS camera per command line(macOS Monterey)?

Hi,

I cannot close Mac default camera with this command: "sudo -S killall VDCAssistant" via terminal anymore in macOS Monterey, although it was working properly with macOS Big Sur. VDCAssistant still exists in Activity monitor, but I cannot close it via command line. Even command line does not give any response(Also no error message appears), when I send my command.

Additionally when I close it via Activity Monitor, It is opened again automatically. I guess the new camera responsible process became UVCAssitant, but it can also not be closed via command line, and when I close it via Activity assistant, the camera connection is lost permanently, so I have to reboot my PC to be able make it work again, and this is not what I try to achieve.

Do you have any other idea to close my camera via command line?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards

• I archive to kill my camera with following command:"echo 1069 | sudo -S killall -SIGKILL UVCAssistant" But the camera cannot be switched on anymore, a reboot of macOS required. Does anyone an idea how I can start it again?

PS:./UVCAssistant did not work. although I stared the process again, the camera cannot be started anymore

Add a Comment