My account got terminated 3.2(f), Help!

Help! I've just got my app approved after a review, and a day later the whole account terminated! How is this even possible?!

Previously I got notifications regarding issues and had a chance to address them, but it's not the case right now. Having your work removed is outright disheartening.

They've said I violated 3.2(f) of ADP. I did not interfere in their services. I did not engage n any unlawful, unfair, misleading, fraudulent, improper, or dishonest acts or business practices.

I'll attach the whole notification below and I appreciate any help you can provide.

This letter serves as notice of termination of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement (the “ADP Agreement”) and the Apple Developer Agreement (the “Developer Agreement”) between you and Apple effective immediately.

Pursuant to Section 3.2(f) of the ADP Agreement, you agreed that you would not “commit any act intended to interfere with the Apple Software or Services, the intent of this Agreement, or Apple’s business practices including, but not limited to, taking actions that may hinder the performance or intended use of the App Store, Custom App Distribution, or the Program.” Apple has good reason to believe that you violated this Section due to documented indications of fraudulent conduct associated with your account.

Apple is exercising its right to terminate your status as an Apple developer pursuant to the Apple Developer Agreement and is terminating you under the ADP Agreement for dishonest and fraudulent acts relating to that agreement. We would like to remind you of your obligations with regard to all software and other confidential information that you obtained from Apple as an Apple developer and under the ADP Agreement. You must promptly cease all use of and destroy such materials and comply with all the other termination obligations set forth in Section 11.3 of the ADP Agreement and Section 10 of the Apple Developer Agreement.

If applicable, no further payments will be made to you pursuant to Section 7.1 of the Paid Applications agreement (Schedules 2 and 3 to the ADP Agreement). 

This letter is not intended to be a complete statement of the facts regarding this matter, and nothing in this letter should be construed as a waiver of any rights or remedies Apple may have, all of which are hereby reserved. Finally, please note that we will deny your reapplication to the Apple Developer Program for at least a year considering the nature of your acts. If you want to file an official complaint pursuant to an applicable Platform Regulation in your country or region you may Contact Us.

Sincerely, Apple Inc.

Really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how disturbing it can be.

Does your app use any private APIs? Not sure if that's the reason, but you may want to double-check.

Can you reach out to Apple to ask for more information? If they provide more info, make sure to keep us updated.

UPDATE: It looks like you're not the only one experiencing this issue. Here is another thread describing the same exact issue.

What was your app about? what do you think could have cause this?

That is exactly the point, we don't know but we 'd liked to, 3.2(f) is too unclear, it's filled with terminology which can be interpreted differently.

I also got the same issue yesterday, we don't have any idea why it rejected. Our app is related to News app.

did you solve the issue?

You are not alone about this :

Hello,

Upon further review of the activity associated with your Apple Developer Program membership, we have determined that your membership, or a membership associated with your account, has been used for dishonest or fraudulent activity. Therefore, your Apple Developer Program account has been flagged for removal.

Specifically, we found that your account is associated with terminated developer accounts, or accounts pending termination, in direct violation of section 3.2(f) of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, which states:

“You will not, directly or indirectly, commit any act intended to interfere with any of the Apple Software or Services, the intent of this Agreement, or Apple’s business practices including, but not limited to, taking actions that may hinder the performance or intended use of the App Store, Custom App Distribution, TestFlight, Xcode Cloud, Ad Hoc distribution, or the Program (e.g., submitting fraudulent reviews of Your own Application or any third-party application, choosing a name for Your Application that is substantially similar to the name of a third-party application in order to create consumer confusion, or squatting on application names to prevent legitimate third- party use). Further, You will not engage, or encourage others to engage, in any unlawful, unfair, misleading, fraudulent, improper, or dishonest acts or business practices relating to Your Covered Products or Corresponding Products (e.g., engaging in bait-and-switch pricing, consumer misrepresentation, deceptive business practices, or unfair competition against other developers).”

Because your account has been flagged for removal, any earnings payments are paused and app transfers are disabled. Creating new accounts after receiving this message may result in the termination of the new or associated accounts.

If you would like to appeal this termination decision to the App Review Board, you must do so within 30 calendar days. When submitting your appeal, be sure to select “I would like to appeal an app rejection or app removal” from the drop-down menu on the Contact the App Review Team page and provide a written statement that includes the following:

A thorough explanation of the issues we identified Specific steps you will take to resolve this problem and prevent its recurrence New information clarifying these issues, if you disagree with our findings Otherwise, your Apple Developer Program membership will be terminated. If you have questions, contact us.

Best regards,

App Store Review

We have appealed for over a week but have not received any response from the Apple team

My account got terminated 3.2(f), Help!

Q