QuotaExceeded error questions

Hello people.

I've been giving my CloudKit game for testing to some dozens of users. The save file is being saved in their Private Database. (approximately 100KB). One of them got on first run the cloudKit exception 25 (QuotaExceeded) which means the user's iCloud was full so the first record was not created in the users private database.

This happened on the first attempt to run the game, so I will probably instruct to save into the Public Database.

But my question is.... is it possible that this error pops up AFTER I created the first record? I mean... could my game run perfectly for x time and then, if the user fills the iCloud space with other stuff... one day get QuotaExceeded and stop working?

Thanks a lot.

• Few questions for clarity.

Have you confirmed with that user that their iCloud storage is in fact full?When you save the game save a secondary time, are you updating that record, or deleting then saving a new one?Assuming you're using the CKModifyRecordsOperation, how are you handling merge conflicts (i.e. two device scenario race condition).
Add a Comment