App Store Connect does not accept back-deploy concurrency macOS App that build by Xcode 13.2

I have a macOS app that has a minimal deployment target of macOS 10.15, recently I adapted some features with Swift Concurrency.

I built my app with Xcode 13.2 then upload to App Store Connect, but it failed.

App Store Connect reported "This bundle is invalid.", which "libswift_Concurrency.dylib" is unsupported content.

Strange, but it works, thanks. But what's even stranger...since I have installed Xcode 13.1 along side Xcode 13.2, I can upload my builds with 13.2.1. I don't understand this, but hey...I am happy.

I also found the same phenomenon. You cannot submit macOS applications in Xcode 13.2. I hope Apple responds quickly.

There is a memory issue when distributed in Xcode 13.1 version. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/691415 Therefore, in order to deploy the macOS version, it may create a more dangerous situation to deploy using Xcode 13.1. It's a dilemma.

I'm also seeing this; when I try to archive and upload our Mac app with Xcode 13.2.1, we get the same error. I filed FB9877768. I've also tried building and uploading with 13.2.0, and got the same problem.

It worked for a while, now it is back to being broken... can't submit again.

This is really not acceptable. If Apple wants to encourage developers to use the Mac App Store instead of side-loading, fix this.

For anyone is using Xcode 13.2 and above, and still getting this error:

1. Remove any API using Swift Concurrency and re-archive your build.
  2. If you're not using any Swift Concurrency API, however, using Alamofire, you should know that Alimofire's newest release (5.5.0) has added Swift Concurrency support. That's the reason why you're getting this error. Downgrade Alamofire to 5.4.4 and reset package caches, then re-archive. This would hopefully solve this issue.

For any further information, this issue seems fixed in latest Xcode 13.3 Beta (never tried though). You might wanna wait for next stable release of Xcode to use Alamofire 5.5.0.

Just in case someone is using Alamofire 5.5.0, please downgrade to 5.4.4 as 5.5.0 added Swift Concurrency support. Then reset package caches and re-archive.

Still can't upload (didn't use any async/await in my code though)

I just tried again with Xcode 13.2.1 and it seems like the issue is resolved. I was able to upload multiple builds of my macOS update which uses Swift concurrency APIs.

App Store Connect does not accept back-deploy concurrency macOS App that build by Xcode 13.2

Q