error ‘Texture Descriptor Validation

My RealityKit app uses an ARView with camera mode .nonAR. Later it puts another ARView with camera mode .ar on top of this.

When I apply layout constraints to the second view the program aborts with the follow messages. If both views are of type .ar this doesn't occur, it is only when the first view is .nonAR and then has the second presented over it.

I have been unable so far to reproduce this behavior in a demo program to provide to you and the original code is complex and proprietary.

Does anyone know what is happening? I've seen other questions concerning situation but not under the same circumstances.

2021-12-01 17:59:11.974698-0500 MyApp[10615:6672868] -[MTLTextureDescriptorInternal validateWithDevice:], line 1325: error ‘Texture Descriptor Validation

MTLTextureDescriptor has width (4294967295) greater than the maximum allowed size of 16384.

MTLTextureDescriptor has height (4294967295) greater than the maximum allowed size of 16384.

MTLTextureDescriptor has invalid pixelFormat (0).

’

-[MTLTextureDescriptorInternal validateWithDevice:]:1325: failed assertion `Texture Descriptor Validation

MTLTextureDescriptor has width (4294967295) greater than the maximum allowed size of 16384.

MTLTextureDescriptor has height (4294967295) greater than the maximum allowed size of 16384.

MTLTextureDescriptor has invalid pixelFormat (0).

Replies

Hi, I don't think we officially support to ARViews on top of each other. You can try disabling metal validation in the project settings (product, scheme, edit scheme, diagnostics, API validation). Once you are able to get a demo program that reproduces the issue, please send it our way. It would also be great if you could generate a feedback item asking for this feature, and provide some details about your use case. That helps us prioritize new features for future releases.

Thank you.

Didn't work. I'm still trying to get a solution