CoreData + CloudKit: Cocoa-Error 134419

Hi,

Some of my users are experiencing synchronization issues when using the NSPersistentCloudKitContainer in CoreData. My app is listening to any errors that occur during the synchronization with the NSPersistentCloudKitContainer.eventChangedNotification Notification. Before I just got Cocoa-Errors 2 or 3 which indicate a bad network connection or something similar. Now I received reports with a Cocoa-Error 134419. Does anyone know what this error code means? Maybe someone from the Core Data team could have a look at this.

Thanks a lot, Alexander

Accepted Reply

I reached out to the Apple Developer Technical support and used one of my TSIs. I got a very nice reply explaining the error to me and I want to share my new learnings with everyone else here:

“Cocoa-Error 134419” is an internal error indicating that the Core Data CloudKit aborts the persistent history analysis because the activity was deferred by the system. That normally happens when the system determines that Core Data CloudKit is using too many resources. From the app perspective, it means the app has too much data to export.

Core Data CloudKit may continue the history analysis later and when the system allows, but before that, it can’t export data to CloudKit.

From a developer's perspective, there is nothing you can do to prevent this (except not storing too much data in Core Data). "There is no way from the app side that can impact the resource balancing on the system side."

I hope this helps everyone who is coming across this issue themself.

• Thanks for sharing this. I get this error also now and then, however the advice "not storing too much data in Core Data" is not very helpful: I downloaded by Xcode the container. The packet contains among others AppData/Library/Application Support//Private.sqlite with a size of 2.3 MB. This is surely not "too much data". Maybe they mean the persistent history of the persistent store has too many entries, and maybe the problem is gone if this history is purged. Did you make any progress?

• same issue. in my case it's about 150mb of data, 1.5million records.

• I have a feedback assistant entry logged: FB10392936. if u are getting the same, please log one also and reference mine, so they can get more info on it

Add a Comment

Replies

I reached out to the Apple Developer Technical support and used one of my TSIs. I got a very nice reply explaining the error to me and I want to share my new learnings with everyone else here:

“Cocoa-Error 134419” is an internal error indicating that the Core Data CloudKit aborts the persistent history analysis because the activity was deferred by the system. That normally happens when the system determines that Core Data CloudKit is using too many resources. From the app perspective, it means the app has too much data to export.

Core Data CloudKit may continue the history analysis later and when the system allows, but before that, it can’t export data to CloudKit.

From a developer's perspective, there is nothing you can do to prevent this (except not storing too much data in Core Data). "There is no way from the app side that can impact the resource balancing on the system side."

I hope this helps everyone who is coming across this issue themself.

• Thanks for sharing this. I get this error also now and then, however the advice "not storing too much data in Core Data" is not very helpful: I downloaded by Xcode the container. The packet contains among others AppData/Library/Application Support//Private.sqlite with a size of 2.3 MB. This is surely not "too much data". Maybe they mean the persistent history of the persistent store has too many entries, and maybe the problem is gone if this history is purged. Did you make any progress?

• same issue. in my case it's about 150mb of data, 1.5million records.

• I have a feedback assistant entry logged: FB10392936. if u are getting the same, please log one also and reference mine, so they can get more info on it

Add a Comment