Simulator iOS 14 crashes with dyld: Symbol not found: _vfork

When I start my App on iOS 14 Simulators, the App crashes with the following error and I don't know what to do. With iOS 15 devices there is no problem.

It seems that the problem is there since I added OneSignal with Extension and Pod.

dyld: Symbol not found: _vfork Referenced from: /Users/samderksen/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/3C668444-3D2B-4C1A-9CC5-DB7949CB256D/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/B580FA0C-49A1-4283-8386-4554FD311A31/VOH-App.app/Frameworks/libclang_rt.tsan_iossim_dynamic.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries DYLD_SHARED_CACHE_DIR=/Users/samderksen/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Caches/dyld/21A559/com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-14-4.18D46 DYLD_ROOT_PATH=/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 14.4.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/samderksen/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/VOH-App-gzxswcyspowktogquxwgnliewlnn/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator:/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 14.4.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/system/introspection DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=@executable_path/Frameworks/libclang_rt.tsan_iossim_dynamic.dylib:/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 14.4.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/libBacktraceRecording.dylib:/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 14.4.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/libMainThreadChecker.dylib:/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 14.4.simruntime/Contents/Res

Answered by dethboy in 697693022

I encountered the same error when compiling an app for 13.6.

I disabled the thread sanitizer as per this : https://github.com/firebase/firebase-ios-sdk/issues/9061, and it worked properly.

The problem does not appear if I build for release

Accepted Answer

I encountered the same error when compiling an app for 13.6.

I disabled the thread sanitizer as per this : https://github.com/firebase/firebase-ios-sdk/issues/9061, and it worked properly.

This seems to be crashing only in debug on iOS 14.0 or earlier and when running Monterey. But the workaround of disabling thread and address sanitizer works.

Simulator iOS 14 crashes with dyld: Symbol not found: _vfork

Q