iOS 15.2 beta 3 - subscriptions not triggered?!

An app running on device that successfully registered for remote notifications with device token is not getting remote notifications from CloudKit:

• it is not getting triggered for CKRecordZoneSubscription in a custom zone in the private database
  • it is not getting triggered for CKDatabaseSubscription in the shared database

The same app is running smoothly on two other 15.1 devices

Is anyone else experiencing this? What could be the cause of this?

Replies

Problem still present on a device with 15.2 beta 4.

Things I've tried in the meantime:

• resetting the Development environment from CloudKit Dashboard, deleting and reinstalling the app
  • tried using a different CloudKit Container
  • tried switching between manual and automatic provisioning profiles

No changes.

Meanwhile, a 15.1 device still happily working correctly, getting notified, working as intended

FB9767755, includes a device sysdiagnose as well

Apple, it looks that you have a problem with subscriptions created via async/await methods.

Apple GitHub account has CloudKit sample code.

“CloudKit Samples: Private Sync with Subscriptions and Push“ provides 2 branches:

Other than that the code is essentially the same. (NOTE: To run the concurrency version, one has to update database.modifySubscriptions method to include the “deleting“ parameter.)

Subscriptions are NOT TRIGGERED for the async/await version on a device running iOS 15.2 beta 3 and 4.

At least now I know I am not crazy. I'm going to ditch the async/await CloudKit methods.