ITMS-90863: Apple silicon Macs support issue - The app uses symbols that are not present on Mac:

I got this note from the App Store with my last update:

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “Bills & Periodicals” 1.2 (20). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery: ITMS-90863: Apple silicon Macs support issue - The app uses symbols that are not present on Mac:

/usr/lib/swift/libswiftFoundation.dylib _$s10Foundation24FloatingPointFormatStyleV8CurrencyV4code6localeAEyx_GSS_AA6LocaleVtcfC _$s10Foundation24FloatingPointFormatStyleV8CurrencyVyx_GAA0dE0AAMc

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

I don't know how to use the information provided to identify the problem. Can anyone help?

• I'm having the same problem. But I do want my application available on Apple silicon Macs. I thought that after macOS 12 was released the errors would go away. But that hasn't been the case.

Add a Comment

Replies

A quick look at Apples Documentation shows that 'FloatingPointFormatStyle' is available since macOS 12. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/foundation/floatingpointformatstyle

macOS 12 is still beta, so not much of your customers Macs are now running under macOS 12. And you can't expect them to update in the minute it is released.

Greetings Brigitte

Add a Comment

Thanks Brigitte.

I'm guessing that this is the line that causing the warning:

Text(pastDue, format: .currency(code: "USD"))

Nobody is using my app on a Mac, so I guess it's not a problem.

Then you better disable 'Make this app available on Mac' in AppStore Connect.

In my app profile, under Deployment Info, Mac is unchecked. I couldn't find anything in AppStore connect.

Anyway, MacOS 12 is out, so it should work now.

How do I indicate that my app will run on MacOS i1 and above?

• I mean MacOS 12, not i1 (where did that come from?)

Add a Comment

In my case, the issue was because the Runpath Search Paths (LD_RUNPATH_SEARCH_PATHS) was empty. I cleared that build setting by mistake. I added @executable_path/Frameworks to the Runpath Search Paths, which was the right setting for my case, and I was able to submit the app to the App Store.