"There are errors with one or more of your items" error in new submission system

Yesterday, appstore submission system changed. You can add different type submissions such as App Store Version, In-App Events and Custom Product Pages.

My app was previously in Metadata Rejected state.

• With new build and metadata, I click "Add for Review" button
  • Then, it redirects me "App Review" tab. I click "Submit to App Review" button and I get this error:
  • "There are errors with one or more of your items. To fix them, you need to remove the items and add them again to your submission."
  • But, there are no errors showing. I just see metadata rejected message.

I've been adding and removing submission again and again hoping it would work but no avail.

Anyone managed to resolve this issue? Thanks!

• I'm having the same issue. Anybody managed to solve this?

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi , We are having the exact same problem (since last week), and not solved yet. The support hasn't provided a valid solution yet, but as a result of isolating the problem, there are some hints that can be guessed.

[What is done]

• Even if I deleted the application item and re-registered as instructed on the screen, there was no effect.
  • Regeneration of binary did not change the phenomenon.
  • The transition from Xcode 12 to Xcode 13 (and rebuilding) did not change the phenomenon too.
  • As trial, uploaded almost the same binary as another AppStore's app (version 1.0), we were able to apply it normally! (for business reasons, we canceled it.)
  • And in each of the above, we received the emails of 'App Store Connect: Version ... has completed processing.' each time.

[The Clue]

So we think that the source codes and the configulation themselves (or the browser, or account information such as paid billing contracts) have no problem. And the other app's input-fields on AppStore Connect were the copy of that of the product version. So we also think the error is not caused by the form-fields of AppStore Connect.

• We changed bundle-id and icons, so it is not exactly the 'Same ipa'. But as the machine did it, other conditions should be same.

• We were also rejected by the previous version, so maybe the App Store system will have some data corruption when recovering from the reject status.

Add a Comment

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the same issue right now, trying to publish a new versione that's been on the App store in the last year or so. Any hint about how to workaround/solve this issue? Did you manage to publish your application?

Thanks, Alessandro

• Ok, apparently it fixed itself. We just tried again after one hour, and it worked.

It's really a poor experience tho that it was failing without a valid reason and with no valid feedback for the user.

Add a Comment

My experience with this issue: I made everything as always to send an application to review, the same process, but this time (first time) I used the PWA app (App Store Connect) and everything works fine, but when I sent to review I received this error message. So, I change the way to publish it, going to the web portal directly, choosing the same build previously uploaded, and send it to review again and then works. Very tricky and weird.

Looks like something happened with the response from apple or maybe with the pwa. Hope this works for somebody 🗽.

I had the same problem, I clicked the submit button again and then all went well... App Store Connect has many, many issues...