Intents not showing up in Shortcuts app

I have an existing iOS app with shortcuts support, and I am trying to bring the same shortcuts to my Mac app in macOS Monterey. In my case, I have added the same intents definition file to my Mac target app, added "Intents eligible for in-app handling" to my Info.plust file and added the intent names, and made sure all the intent handling code is part of both iOS and Mac targets. Still, when I build and run the app on macOS Monterey, the new shortcuts don't show in the shortcut editor at all. I've tried closing and restarting the Shortcuts app, but no luck. The build logs do show the intents being built, but they're just not showing up in the Shortcuts app.

I tried 'donating' one of the intents in my Mac app code, but got an error:

Cannot donate interaction with intent that has no valid shortcut types

Not sure what to try to make it work.

Thanks.

Replies

I tried creating a new intents definition file, and added a basic "get" intent with no input parameters. Now I can "donate" the new intent successfully through the app, but it still won't show up in the Shortcuts app. I have also added this new intent to the "Intents eligible for in-app handling" item in my Info.plist file.

Still confused.

So far, I've downloaded the SoupChef example and it works fine ... though it's a Catalyst app, so different than what I'm doing.

And now I tried to create an Intents Extension to try that out, and I can't get past provisioning profile issues. Even set to "automatic provisioning" (like the main app target is), it complains with this error:

Provisioning profile "Mac Team Provisioning Profile: com.test.MacSiriExtension" doesn't include the aps-environment and com.apple.developer.siri entitlements.

When I look in the Xcode target "Signing & Capabilities" tab, it doesn't really list any option for adding "Siri" like it does in the iOS app target. This is using Xcode 13.1, running on macOS Monterey RC. I've checked both the app target and the extension target.

I've also gone to the developer portal, and in the app's Identifier, manually added "SiriKit" to the target (though the popup says "Platform Support: tvOS, iOS, watchOS") and doesn't list macOS here.

Could it be that manually adding SiriKit to a Mac app isn't possible right now?

I dont have the exact same scenario as you but when I was playing with adding shortcut support to an old objc app, after creating the intents file and defining the intents, they did not show up in the Shortcuts app until I manually added the newly added intents to the Project Target in General->Supported Intents. Once I had done that, the intents for my app showed up in the Shortcuts app.