iOS 15 affecting in-app purchases

All of our apps have certain users experiencing an issue after updating to iOS 15. They say that they update their iOS and lose access to their in-app purchases. When they try to restore their purchases, they get a never ending loading wheel.

One user mentioned that when they try to restore their purchases in our app, the App Store stops working for them as well. It freezes up and they have to restart their device. Another user mentioned that this bug is happening to them in another app as well (unrelated to ours).

Anyone else dealing with this issue? Apple - Are you working on a fix for this? Would love some answers. Thanks!

I am in the same situation and am in great trouble. This issue is annoying to our users and is damaging our business. It seems that there are some similar reports in this forum. It's unclear if Apple is dealing with it. If Apple doesn't respond quickly, we lose credibility and customers.

We're in the exact same boat as you guys. Immensely frustrating. We only saw the issue rear its head after the public release of iOS 15 because the statistics were such that we just didn't see it until the whole world started upgrading.

Bug report filed with sysdiagnose since 10th October but no response as yet. My advice is to file bug reports as soon as you can, with sysdiagnose. The more people flag this, the more seriously Apple will take it.

FWIW we started referring affected users to our beta version. For some reason, even with a code-identical build, people seem to have better luck in the beta version, presumably because of different servers/infrastructure.

Our feedback report FB9692102 changed to indicate:

Recent Similar Reports:Less than 10

Resolution:Potential fix identified - For a future OS update

Hi all - Apple seemed to fix the issue with iOS 15.1!

Stocks live app suffers from the same issue. I don’t understand why Apple doesn’t do anything about this. This is really messed up. Also, iOS 15.1 didn’t fix the issue.

I am facing same issue in iOS 15.0.1. when try to fetch in-App purchase price, it shows progress wheel without ending of process. if any one get solution of this problem please share the solution.

15.1 didn't fix it for me (15.2 is out now and it hasn't fixed the issue either). My app was been running fine in iOS14, and without any changes, purchases just stopped working as people upgraded to iOS15. Everything still works fine in the iOS15 simulator, but when testing on a physical device I get the same issue as in production. Apple, please look into this and fix asap please! Thanks.

I'm getting a steadily increasing number of user complaints about restore of in-app purchases failing. (I have 2 apps and complaints are about both) I've done a deep dive into their in-app digital receipt bundle and these seem to be missing past purchases. Hasn't this problem been fixed or is likely to be a new one?

iOS 15 affecting in-app purchases

Q