How liable is Apple?

Hi,

An Apple bug has caused our iPad App sales to plummet and customers have contacted Apple asking for refunds.

This bug is not our fault, it is Apple's fault. I reported it to Apple last November and the ticket is still open and nothing has been done. They can't even be bothered to reply when I ask about the progress. I am disgusted with Apple.

So, how liable is Apple?

Regards, Paul

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of dumbbunny Down vote post of dumbbunny

Replies

More info...

Apple's bug first appeared in iOS 14, iOS 8,9,10,11,12,13 had no problem. My data for the App was created on macOS 10.9 (or earlier, don't remember) and I've noticed reconstructing the data was no problem on subsequent flavours of macOS until Big Sur which now has the same bug as in iOS14 - it shows exactly the same problem when rendering a PDF. The PDF displays without problem in Safari, Adobe, Microsoft Edge, IE, and Firefox, Opera, Brave, Chrome on Linux and Windows. Obviously it's something Apple did.

What a surprise! Apple's bug still exits in 15.1. How do I claim, from Apple, lost revenue and the tarnish of our reputation because of Apple's inability and/or indifference to fix this bug?

What is the Feedback ID for your bug? I can try to see the status of it.

Apple did slightly fix their bug but not 100% fixed. It's now been 2 years and the ticket is still open.

Doesn't matter anymore as the schools which were using my app have moved to ChromeBooks and we have an online site especially for them.