In iOS 15, when the app is restarted, it immediately crashes.

After the iOS 15 update, the following process causes the app to die.

1. Go to the home screen while running the app
  2. Completely quit by removing the background state of the app
  3. Start by pressing the icon on the home screen
  4. As soon as the app is opened in the state it was in when the previous home screen was moved, there is a symptom that the app dies.

There was no such symptom until iOS 14.

Is this symptom a bug in iOS 15 ? Or is there a new option for background state of apps in iOS 15?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Kim Ju Young Down vote post of Kim Ju Young
24k views
  • Devices with older round home buttons seem to be less prone to the above symptoms. And it seems that the above symptoms occur more often on devices that do not have a circular home button. (This usually happens on notch devices)

• Sometimes the app appears in the list again after completely closing the app in the background state.

• any solution? it still keeps crashing

Add a Comment

Replies

So…can you explain how to correct this to a 5th grader. I’m not very tech savvy.

• I am with the last poster, please explain any fixes in layman’s terms. I have an iPhone 11 Pro and recently updated my software to iOS 15.2 and have been experiencing crashes with my apps, both ones that come with the phone like the camera app and third-party apps. I am getting extremely frustrated, as I have tried restarting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling some of them and this has not resolved the issue. I really wish Apple allowed you to revert back to the previous version of the software but this isn’t an option, which is ridiculous. Not that there aren’t issues with iOS 14, but I didn’t have any. I have no clue how to generate an error or crash report (way above my tech knowledge).

Add a Comment

I'm facing the same issue on IOS 15. And I found that --- SIGPIPE Crash, if your project contains Socket ,

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>

#import "AppDelegate.h"

//#import "MatrixHandler.h"

#import <signal.h>

int main(int argc, char * argv[]) {

NSString * appDelegateClassName;

@autoreleasepool {

struct sigaction sa;

sa.sa_handler = SIG_IGN;

sigaction(SIGPIPE, &sa, 0);

// Setup code that might create autoreleased objects goes here.

appDelegateClassName = NSStringFromClass([AppDelegate class]);

}

return UIApplicationMain(argc, argv, nil, appDelegateClassName);

}

We have the same problem and we use Scenes to our react-native project in order to implement CarPlay for iOS devices.

Could this be related to this issue?

Well the problem for us it seems to be that we are using "Scenes" in our app in order to implement the "PointOfInterest" template for the CarPlay. If we exclude it the app launches just fine. But using "Scenes", after ~30min (app closed) the app launches but nothing renders correctly in terms of positioning.

In iOS 15 started a prewarming of apps in order to launch faster (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/app_and_environment/responding_to_the_launch_of_your_app/about_the_app_launch_sequence?language=objc#3894431) and we think this triggers these bugs.

Any idea on this ?

• Do you mean Scenes as a 'react-native scenes' package?

• No not this package. We use the 'SceneDelegate' except of 'AppDelegate' to manage multiple scenes of our app, like CarPlay and the iPhone app. Here are docs and an article:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/app_and_environment/scenes?language=objchttps://medium.com/@kalyan.parise/understanding-scene-delegate-app-delegate-7503d48c5445
Add a Comment

We finally manage to solve it. It was a problem because of using 'SceneDelegate' (for multiple scenes support) and iOS15 'prewarming' new feature. Solved by transferring the RTCBridge protocol from AppDelegate -'didFinishWithLaunchOptions' to SceneDelegate - 'willConnectToSession'.

Hello everyone,

it seems that there is a solution which is amazing but, is there any way that a non technical iPhone user can fix it ?

Thank you, Dragos

This is happening on all iOS 15 apps.

1. Open the app
  2. Close the app and quickly reopen. This will cause the app to crash if you do it fast enough. It seems to work as expected if you wait at least one second before reopening.

To resolve this issue close ALL background apps so the "recent apps" are empty. When you do this, the problem in step 2 does not happen. To "re-activate" the crash, open 5 to 10 apps and put them in the background. All apps will then continue to crash when re-opening.

I noticed this. If at least one (!) other app is running in the background:

1. Open your app
  2. Kill/close your app
  3. Quickly re-run your app
  4. Almost everytime app crashes

This has to be iOS 15 bug.

on IOS 15.5 issue still persists:(((( it just ruins my user interface and my usage😩

• Which device did you use for it? How exactly do you do quick reopening?

Do you drag from the bottom, then swipe app, then press on background to get to springboard and then press on app? From what I see, it's not that fast.

Add a Comment

Hello, any news about that issue? It remains on iOS 16.

• It's still happening in iOS 16. Not even fixed in iOS 16

• If as many shootings happened as many apple app crashes, then I’m sure this wouldn’t be happening simply because they won’t fix it. All they’ll do is tell you to back up and reset your device knowing that won’t help.

Add a Comment

Apple won’t fix or do sh t they’re system is so complex that they can’t help you, you’re best bet is to switch to android.