Bundle does not contain an alternate app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels. I've provided the icons but still missing what seems to be the issue?

ITMS-90890: Missing recommended icon - The bundle does not contain an alternate app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions

I've provided "icon_name"@2x (in 120x120) and "icon_name"@3x (in 180x180) as alternate icons. These are located outside of the assets folder.

I am able to switch the alternate icons without any issues and have been doing this since previous versions.

Just recently, the warning is telling me that I'm missing something even if I already provided the icons.

Is there something else that I'm missing?

Replies

Try following this guide:

https://www.hackingwithswift.com/example-code/uikit/how-to-change-your-app-icon-dynamically-with-setalternateiconname

Same issue for me. Recently AppStore connect reports these warnings:

ITMS-90890: Missing recommended icon - The bundle does not contain an alternate app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels,

ITMS-90892: Missing recommended icon - The bundle does not contain an alternate app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro.

ITMS-90892: Missing recommended icon - The bundle does not contain an alternate app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0.

Same issue here. I did just notice that one of my alternate icons had an extra pixel in height, so I'm going to see if that fixes the warnings on next submission, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a coincidence.

@iwantpizzadotcom I've just fixed the issue renaming the icons (see this) and fixing the plist adding <key>CFBundleIcons~ipad</key>node. Look also at bottom answer to setup the plist.

• @arcangel06 - can you post the filenames you used for one of your icons?

• My dict is:

<key>CFBundleIcons~ipad</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleAlternateIcons</key> <dict> <key>AppIcon1</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIconFiles</key> <array> <string>AppIcon1-ipad</string> <string>AppIcon1-ipad-pro</string> </array> <key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key> <false/> </dict> <key>AppIcon2</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIconFiles</key> <array> <string>AppIcon2-ipad</string> <string>AppIcon2-ipad-pro</string> </array> <key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key> <false/> </dict> </dict> <key>CFBundlePrimaryIcon</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIconFiles</key> <array> <string>AppIcon</string> </array> <key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key> <false/> </dict> </dict>

• and i used, basing on what i wrote in my last post, this convention:

AppIcon1-ipad.png AppIcon1-ipad@2x.png AppIcon1-ipad@2x~ipad.png AppIcon1-ipad-pro.png AppIcon1-ipad-pro@2x.png
Add a Comment

same idk whats going on

I didn't have to modify the Info.plist at all. I didn't have files of all required resolution. Used https://appicon.co/#app-icon to generate App icons. Copied all files under AppIcon.appiconset to Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset(XCode automatically detected the iPad versions) and the app upload to app store succeeded

Here's what you need as of 2022 if you're getting warnings like ITMS-90890, ITMS-90892:

Filename              Size (px)
IconName@2x.png	      120x120
IconName@3x.png	      180x180
IconName@2x~ipad.png  152x152
IconName@3x~ipad.png  167x167

Note the lack of capitalization on ~ipad!

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/a/70186649/702870

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Down vote reply of
Add a Comment