Your Mac is running the latest software update allowed by your administrator

I'm running macOS Monterey beta 12.0 (21A5304g) and I'm getting the following message when checking for software update within System Preferences.

Your Mac is running the latest software update allowed by your administrator

Sounds like it thinks its running with an MDM profile, but one has never been deployed to it.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

• I have this as well. If there isn't a fix for this I think the only recourse will be to downgrade to Big Sur until Monterey goes live. If your system won't check or allow for updates it is a dead end

Add a Comment

Replies

I’m seeing the same thing with Beta 6

Same here, with Beta 6

Seeing it on Beta 5

Reinstalling the profile appears to have resolved the issue for me.

• Tried reinstalling the beta profile, made the "allowed by your administrator" message go away only until I try searching for updates. I'm unable to update from 12.0.5 to 12.0.6 because of this bug. Tried via cli and gui. Anyone else having any more luck?

Add a Comment

Booting into safe mode seems to fix it. I was able to discover the latest update and install from there.

I can't get beta 6 to show up. I'm still on 21A5304g. I've tried:

• Reinstalling the profile a gazilllion times.
  • Reinstalling the full Monterey installer (keeps me locked at 21A5304g).
  • Trying via Safe mode (for which I had to turn off the firmware password + filevault).

All to no avail. Still I'm greeted with: "Your Mac is running the latest software update allowed by your administrator - macOS Monterey beta 12.0".

I have no MDM profiles installed. Does anyone have any thoughts?

• Installing this finally did it: https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-12-monterey-full-installer-database-download-directly-from-apple/

Add a Comment

I tried all suggestions listed above as well, with no success. I ended up downloading the Developer profile from betaprofiles . com and that solved the issue. After updating to Beta 6 with that you can change back to the Public Developer profile.

After trying to fix this several times and using betaprofiles to download the developer profile previously, I tried again today as suggested by Rod above and it worked!! Finally can updated. Fingers crossed it solved the issues with Microsoft applications. over the beach ball

Still no luck here :-( It just prompts me to download the full monterey installer locked at 21A5304g.

Not on Beta version at all. 12.1 on system, and can't upgrade after that. Nothing showing MDM, not sure what steps are next.