Getting ERROR ITMS-90345 when trying to submit to TestFlight

I'm build an iOS 15 app in Xcode 13 and whenever I try to submit to the App Store for TestFlight testing I get the following error:

ERROR ITMS-90345: "Metadata/Info.plist Mismatch. The value for bundle_identifier in the metadata.xml file does not match the value for CFBundleIdentifier in xxxxx [Payload/xxxxx.app]."

(App name removed because it doesn't matter)

Based on some other forum answers, I doubled checked that there are no spaces in the bundle ID, and have tried repeatedly re-typing it, and copy and pasting it from an alternate version of the project that used to submit to TestFlight fine, but nothing has worked.

Honestly, I have no idea where metadata.xml lives or how to even check what value is in it, which is part of the problem.

Any advice or guidance here would be greatly appreciated, because I'm not sure what else I can do at this point, other than throwing everything away and starting over in Xcode 12 and iOS 14.

Thanks!

• Did you ever figure out how to solve this? I'm facing the same issue currently.

• It turned out to be an App Store Connect problem. I had to call Apple by phone and talk to support to find out what the actual error was, and it turned out to be something weird like we were trying to use the same name for our app before we got the system to release that name from a previous project we had used. Something like that. You can find the contact info here: https://developer.apple.com/contact/topic/select

Good luck. It was a total nightmare.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same issue using Xcode Cloud, however it works perfectly fine when i Archive the app manually. Did you find a solution for the problem?

• It turned out to be an App Store Connect problem. I had to call Apple by phone and talk to support to find out what the actual error was, and it turned out to be something weird like we were trying to use the same name for our app before we got the system to release that name from a previous project we had used. Something like that. You can find the contact info here: https://developer.apple.com/contact/topic/select

Good luck. It was a total nightmare.

Add a Comment