USB hub failing under Monterey

Anyone seeing trouble with external USB hubs after installing the Monterey developer beta?

I have an ikling FX-1940E hub that I've been using with my M1 MacBook Air. Everything worked fine under Big Sur, and still does on another machine still running Big Sur, but I can't connect a trackball or keyboard via the hub's USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports to the Air since installing Monterey. The hub's VGA port still works on Monterey; I haven't been able to test the other ports yet. Also, a different hub (with fewer ports, so it can't simply replace the ikling) does work.

I've reported the issue to Apple using the feedback assistant. Any suggestions for anything else I can do at my end?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of eurobubba Down vote post of eurobubba
96k views
  • Hi,

After upgrade to Monterey, latest public beta (21A5506j), PD over usb-c from my monitor (Philips 346P1CRH/00) doesn't work as well.

Apple please help!

• Looks like most comments here are with MacBook and the M1. I have a been running a duel monitor set up with my MacBook Pro (intel) for years without issue on the MacOS Beta program. It wasn't until I just upgraded to release 8 that the monitors are no longer detected. I have not been able to find a workaround so any help would be appreciated.

• PD (Power Delivery) over USB-C also stopped working on my MBP 2018 after updating to Monterey (12.0.1). I use a Philips 346P1CRH. Everything was working flawlessly with Big Sur.

Replies

I've updated to 12.2 and still have this issue. Apple, what's going on? How long do we have to wait for just regular fixes?

I am running macOS 12.1 Monterey and using Cadyce USB Hub (CA-CU3HG). Sometimes it works with Pendrive but it fails for an external USB camera and Microphone. Is there any solution apart from Downgrade?

Running 12.2 on a 2020 Intel MacBook Pro and the USB-Hub of my ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock (Gen 2) (PN: 40AN0135EU) is not working right now.

Funny enough: The two monitors connected to the Lenovo dock (one via DisplayPort, one via USB-C) are still working. But the USB ports of the USB-C monitor are also dead now. I plugged the USB-C Monitor into the MacBook directly and now the ports are working again. Devices connected to the Lenovo dock (like my webcam) are still dead.

Same problem on 2021 Macbook Pro 15' M1 chip: since Monterey, Aukey CB-C55 hub no longer makes external monitors work :(

I am using an external LG display connected to Macbook pro M1 2021 directly via USB-C. Before upgrading to Monterey it worked and after upgrading it stopped working. However, after upgrading to 12.2 it worked initially until first reboot but then stopped working again.

Extremely surprising to see these kind of issues tbh.

Try to shutdown and power on again. NOT REBOOT! That helped me

• Also, leave the USB hub connected while doing this. That fixed it for me.

Add a Comment

macbook 14 m1 Pro, happened the same issue. even with devices connected via usb C.

The usb ports just go off and have to disconnect and reconnect to recover the functionality.

A similar problem occurs with my MacBook Pro M1 13 inch. The HP Thunderbolt 3 Hub no longer outputs a video signal via the display port cable. If I adapt the same connection with a Displayport to HDMI adapter, I have a video signal again. This is really mysterious. My USB 3.1 capture card (AverMedia Live Gamer ULTRA - GC553) no longer works smoothly, even with a Thunderbolt 3 cable. Does anyone already have a solution?

Last two updates, along with resetting NVRAM and SMC on my intel macbook 16" pro 2019 seem to have resolved most of these issues.

SImilar issues with my usb-c dock on 2019 macbook pro. It will work without issue after SMC reset while plugged in, when i go to work and come back home to plug it back into my dock it works for a few minutes, then starts disconnecting, then recconects without power, and at the end that USB port doesnt work anymore, until i perform an SMC reset.. Im doing multiple SMC resets per day apple...

Experience some issue with USB/Thunderbolt dock/hub from Startech (TB3CDK2DPUE) with Monterey on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) Work fine if plug at computer startup (Display, Network, USB disk) Not work if replug (only Display OK), and sometimes crash. Was working fine with BigSur

• The problem is very well explained in this forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/UsbCHardware/comments/sixq3o/weird_problem_with_caldigit_ts3/

Add a Comment

How has this not been fixed yet Apple, **** youd think you would atleast give us a good way to downgrade.

Hey all, I was having this issue as well and is now fixed in 12.3!

• Finally 12.3 fixes this issue. Thank you Apple for hearing our voices although after some long time.

• Still not working for me using an M1 2020 with Monterey 12.3. I'm using a generic hub though, not one certified by Apple.

Add a Comment

Still doesn't work on 12.3. Macbook Pro M1(13inch). What a shit this macbook.

Updated to 12.3 and USB worked. BUT, after first reboot the issue is back again.

It was the same for me when updating to one of the previous versions (12.1 or 12.2).

Absolutely crazy to see this kind of issue not being fixed.