Beta App not receiving CloudKit data

I have an App I've been working on with CloudKit to sync data between App on iOS, iPadOS and macOS. I have updated my iPhone and iPad to latest betas. On the iPad I had to wipe and rebuild from scratch. As of now, the iPhone is working fine and changes are showing up on my Mac, but the iPad is not pulling down the data that is in CloudKit. Is there some security or beta testing change that is causing this? They are all logged into the same iCloud account.

• Have you checked the debug output from the simulator? Could you post a snippet from that?

I'm getting a similar issue, with a whole lot go "failed to sync users" error messages in the debug output. That's just using the boilerplate sample application, which worked in the previous version of Xcode and sim... but so far no-one has provided any insight into why this might be happening.

• It seemed to be fine in the simulator. As of this morning, I deployed the app to my device via a USB-C cable and it then pulled down the data from CloudKit. So there must be some difference between deploying the app via TestFlight and via Xcode directly.I will have to figure out what happens longer term.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

I'm closing this question for now, as deploying the same version of the app via the USB-C cable from the Xcode to the iPad worked. It now pulled the data from CloudKit.

• I'm still keen to see the actually issue commented on from the Engineering team... this appears to be bothering a large group of developers who are keen to leverage the sharing updates for NSPersistentCloudKitContainer... but I've got a couple still open so hopefully they'll get to those.

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm closing this question for now, as deploying the same version of the app via the USB-C cable from the Xcode to the iPad worked. It now pulled the data from CloudKit.

• I'm still keen to see the actually issue commented on from the Engineering team... this appears to be bothering a large group of developers who are keen to leverage the sharing updates for NSPersistentCloudKitContainer... but I've got a couple still open so hopefully they'll get to those.

Add a Comment