Not able to start a Group Activity as there is not active conversation

Hi,

I'm trying to add the new GroupActivities API to one of my apps but I'm not able to get it to work. When I'm in a FaceTime Audio call between two iOS 15 devices, I get this error when I call .activate().

I did not book a Lab but if there's still a spot available later today I would love to join one

Thanks, Jordi

Dropping activity as there is no active conversation: GroupActivities.AnyGroupActivity(activityIdentifier: "com.goodsnooze.unmute.SpeakTogether", metadataProvider: GroupActivities.AnyGroupActivity.MetadataProvider.future(Combine.Future<GroupActivities.GroupActivityMetadata, Swift.Never>), content: 42 bytes)

Replies

I'm having the same problem and I'm thinking it might be a provisioning problem. When I go to my project settings under signing & capabilities it tells me that I don't have a program membership eligible for the group activities capability. I'll report back once I get my provisioning sorted to let you know if it solved it.

-Adam

• Hi Adam, I'm having the same problem. I got "The selected team does not have a program membership that is eligible for this feature. If you need assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support. https://developer.apple.com/support".So you contact with Apple?

Add a Comment

I was able to get this to work at a later point. I implemented the check for .isEligibleForGroupSession .

It seems there is a bug where the active Group session is not updated until you force close your app. I'm going to file a bug report.