Confidentiality Regarding Monterey Beta

I have tried to wade through the "Apple Developer Program License Agreement" but I'm still not sure about this.

Monterey is publicly announced but not publicly available. I just tested my software with it and -- happily -- it seems to run without issue.

Am I allowed to mention this on social media, e.g, "Just ran my software under Monterey and it is running well!" or is that breaking a confidentiality clause?

Thanks for the guidance.

Accepted Reply

https://developer.apple.com/support/downloads/terms/apple-developer-agreement/Apple-Developer-Agreement-20210607-English.pdf I won't interpret this document for you, but will point out that the reality is that you tested your software on a developer-only beta-test of an upcoming MacOS, which is by definition part of your job, a fact that was developed without using Apple content. The result of your test may be the part that is developed using Apple content. You can't bind Apple to eternal compatibility, so that could be construed as somewhat injurious of a statement to make. What can't be construed as injurious would be statements regarding doing your job well, like the fact that you continue to test your software on upcoming systems... and embargo your social media screen shots, etc, until the public beta.

Now that it's gone public beta it's a moot point but still a good question.

Replies

https://developer.apple.com/support/downloads/terms/apple-developer-agreement/Apple-Developer-Agreement-20210607-English.pdf I won't interpret this document for you, but will point out that the reality is that you tested your software on a developer-only beta-test of an upcoming MacOS, which is by definition part of your job, a fact that was developed without using Apple content. The result of your test may be the part that is developed using Apple content. You can't bind Apple to eternal compatibility, so that could be construed as somewhat injurious of a statement to make. What can't be construed as injurious would be statements regarding doing your job well, like the fact that you continue to test your software on upcoming systems... and embargo your social media screen shots, etc, until the public beta.

Now that it's gone public beta it's a moot point but still a good question.