App Icons in iPadOS 15 limits

Have an iPad Pro M1 11”. Just installed Beta 1 of ipad OS 15 over the 14.7 beta. My app icons were neatly arranged in rows of 5 icons across. The ipad 15 beta reduces this to 4 across and leaves me with many pages having an odd one or two icons. Is this a restriction of the beta? I can’t figure out how or where to change it.

Replies

Unfortunately this seems to be the software how it is. I have downloaded iPadOS 15 beta on my iPad Pro 9.7 and it does the same thing. There are no options in settings to change the size of the icons or make room for more with the “more” option. The display now looks ugly and there are huge gaps either side of the screen which should be used by icons or widgets. Have downgraded back to iOS 14 as I prefer the look. Hope apple reads this and addresses the issue. Not sure who thought it was a good idea in the first place.

• Just downloaded 15 and experiencing same issue. Needs to revert to original configuration lest we have to go through every icon and stack. Additionally the stacks are so small and quite difficult to read. Yes, I went to settings and home/docking, etc. and enlarged my font in display and chose bigger, etc. ad nauseum.

Add a Comment

The icon grid on OS 15 and 15.1 packs the icons together. Five across horizontally. There is no spacing on the large size icon. This is ridiculous. Any solution yet?

What happened to all of my icons??? Who thought of this and why did they think it was ok to get rid of this awesome feature? Bring it back!