[Regression][Monterey][macOS 12]: Touch Bar is not responding to touches properly

Hello,

Feedback ID: FB9143838

My MacBook Pro (15-inch, 201😎 with the macOS 12 Monterey beta on its own dedicated partition, does not allow me to use the Touch Bar when booted on Monterey (the main partition with Catalina has the Touch Bar working just fine and so did this partition when it had Big Sur on it).

The Touch Bar appears working fine superficially as it adapts its visual state to the program you are running, it handles pressing the FN key to display the old style function keys, and if you long press on it you will see the Touch Bar UI appear on the bottom of the screen and behave as expected… the long press will not actually do anything beyond that.

In summary, the Touch Bar when running macOS 12 Monterey does not allow me to tap the ESC virtual button anymore, change brightness, volume, etc… I can use my external keyboard and the macOS UI for most of those functions but it is still a bad regression IMHO.

Kind Regards,

Goffredo

• I am experiencing the same. I've tried refreshing the TouchBar through the Activity Monitor tool as well as via Terminal. No success...

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Apparently, unchecking the TouchBar zoom option in the accessibility setting gets you back the Touch Bar working as normal (at least working :), Apple is being super nice in how they are chasing this in the Feedback Assistant, I really appreciate that!).

Replies

I am facing the same issue after installing the Public Beta.

• I have the same issue with my 16" MacBook Pro...

Add a Comment

Me too. It appears that they are changing the way the Touch Bar works as I get a zoomed view of it on the bottom of my screen but none of the keys (including esc) work properly. I'd enter this through Feedback Assistant but there is a bug in that as well!

Apparently, unchecking the TouchBar zoom option in the accessibility setting gets you back the Touch Bar working as normal (at least working :), Apple is being super nice in how they are chasing this in the Feedback Assistant, I really appreciate that!).

the buttons work but the display is not working tf???

I have thesame Problem Mac book pro 2017 touch bar after upgrading to Monterey I start facing Issue with Touch bar ,The Touch bar settings seems to vanish from keyboard settings and sometimes it's will come back and the touch bar will start to work ,I think it's a problem with the Os and the Touch Bar drivers

I am running 12.1 and I have exactly this issue.

I have the MacBook Pro 2017, just updated to Monterey 12.2.1, and I also have the "vanishing" touch bar issue. The touch bar also freezes. How do I fix this?