Merchant IDs & App Store Connect Banking Info

I am unclear about the relationship between Merchant IDs and the banking info I provided on App Store Connect.

My understanding was that the banking info I set up in the App Store Connect (let's call it "My Bank") is so that when users of My App (an app that I wrote for me, by me, not for someone else) make a payment (using any suitable bank card) to purchase something from My App, their money is paid into My Bank. Do I need a Merchant ID for this use case specifically?

Let's say I create another app (let's call it XYZ App) but for a client company XYZ. They pay me to develop the app and put it out for the public to use. When users of XYZ App make a payment to purchase something from XYZ App, will their money be paid into My Bank also, and I arrange to transfer the money to company XYZ separately outside the app? Do I somehow set up separate banking info in App Store Connect for XYZ App's purchases? And must a separate Merchant ID be created for this use case?

I am also not understanding what happens if I use a payment gateway like Stripe. If have 10 different apps that use Stripe for payment, do I need 10 different Merchant IDs? Do all the successful payments from all these different apps go into my one single My Bank account? (And then I deal with transferring the money to the different companies myself later?)

Is there a step-by-step guide on this topic somewhere online? I can't seem to find a clear, complete tutorial on this online.