Music glitching on latest iPad OS?

I've been having multiple reports and video evidence from users about music glitching out/skipping mid-playback. My app either mixes two AVAudioPlayers (one representing recorded audio, the other representing music) if the music source is either iTunes-purchased music, music found in the Files app, music created specifically for our app provided in our bundle, OR it mixes an AVAudioPlayer and the MPMusicPlayerApplicationController.applicationMusicPlayer if the music source is an Apple Music subscription. Regardless of the music source, it seems like users are encountering this issue.

I have been unable to replicate this at all, yet I'm receiving a lot of tickets about this (and another issue that the app plays random songs instead of the ones selected? Which makes no sense, as I hadn't updated the app in months when this issue started arising). Has anyone encountered something like this?

One common denominator I have noticed between all the tickets is that, even though some of them could replicate on their iPhones, ALL of them could replicate and were reporting the issue for their iPads with iPadOS 14.3/14.4.1/14.4.2.