USBSerialDriverKit CH340g Not Appearing in /dev

I have a CH340g connected to my M1 MacBook Air running the latest Big Sur 11.2.3.

It appeared only one time in /dev, and now will not re-appear. I've tried plugging it in to both ports, unplugging everything except for the CH340g, and also kextunload, kextload on AppleUSBSerial.kext. It does not appear in /dev

Has anyone had any luck with this device? Or perhaps some advice?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Zambetti Down vote post of Zambetti
4.8k views

Replies

Hi,
did you solved your problem?
Unfortunately, I have not. I switched to using an FTDI-based USB Serial adapter instead. Are you experiencing the same problem with CH340 devices, where they do not appear (or appear only occasionally) on M1 w/ Big Sur?

Hi, did you solved your problem? I tested ch340k, ch340g, ch340c at the same time, only ch340c can be used, I use M1 MacBook Air / Big Sur

I just tried it again, and unfortunately there still seems to be no driver support for the ch340g. I'm using Mac OS 11.3 (20E232) on an M1 Air 2020. I see there's now an upgrade available to 11.4, I will update and try again to see if support has been added.

Hello, I am the manufacturer of CH340 series chips, these models can all be supported by wch drivers, you can send email to "tech"with domain"wch.cn" to acquire it.

• The problem with sending an email is that we don't know what we are getting, or if it's safe to install. This is something that I should be able to download from a reputable place, and signed so that I know I'm actually installing what I think I am.

Add a Comment

I would agree with anotherdjohnson.

I'd very much like to use the ch340k devices on my mac (OS version 12.3.1 - monterey). Do you plan to release drivers for 12.x soon?