Has anyone received a return label for the DTK?

Hello,

today was the first day for the pickup of my DTK and I had the package ready at the original address per Apple’s instructions.
The DHL guy called me half an hour ago from outside my building, but then refused to pickup the box because it had no labels.

Thing is, I have no labels to print: none in the return email, none in the return instructions page.

I assumed the courier would have had labels with them, as it happened in the past for other returns of goods.

DHL call center here in Italy just confirmed on the phone that they don’t bring labels, and that’s who arranged the pickup who should have sent them.

I contacted Apple support, but I am confused... did I do something wrong?

Replies

Same experience here (The Netherlands). Based on Twitter, something has gone awry, either on Apple’s end, or at DHL
I never even received any email from DHL or anything like that. I think March 8th was the first deadline and now I don't know what to do? Any advice?
There definitely seems to be an issue with the return process. I've had no labels etc, and DHL arrived yesterday to pick up the DTK with no notification beforehand so I wasn't actually in. I spoke to the Apple Support to understand how I rebook a pickup and they didn't know. They just pointed me to the return page which just says DHL will contact us.
Same here. The DHL guy was very kind, told me that I really need those labels with barcodes and that once I have them I can give him a call and he well pickup in the following days instead.

I have contacted Apple support, so far no reply...
Same here (UK) contacted Apple support who sent me to the same generic dtk return page and told me to contact DHL who have no clue what to do.

Email was as below

"Please note that you would nee to contact your local DHL to obtain additional information relating the pick up booking and the return label.

If they are unable to assist you I would ask you click on this link to be directed to another support page relating this issue."
Same issue the DHL came to pick up my DTK but i had no return label. Does someone was able to find it ?
Update: this morning DHL returned unannounced, still didn't have the labels and refused to pickup the DTK. Then, an hour later, returned again - this time bringing labels with them - and took my DTK.
I must say, throughout the ordeal Apple's support was great; they clearly were badly supported by local partners they relied upon to handle returns.
Update: another DHL guy appeared the next day, took DTK without labels and told me that they will handle it at the depo...

Update: DHL returned today without warning but when I asked them if they had a label he looked in his van and found one and took my DTK.
DHL have come back today for me and took the DTK quite happily without labels!
Worse here: DHL picked up the parcel on 11. March, but today I got a reminder from Apple "We’d like to remind you that it’s time to return the Developer Transition Kit". Seems like they lost the package... Just contacted Apple via email.
Did anyone have luck with the return process so far? I.e. has anyone already received a successful confirmation from Apple?

Have you tried the link at the top of this forum? The one that's called something like "return instructions/promo"? I haven't heard anything since returning my DTK to Apple around the same date as you, but yesterday followed that link and the "apply promo" button was there. Worked perfectly for me - have bought a new Mini and applied the promo to that using the link on that page and it arrived today. Weird that I've had absolutely no confirmation from Apple though that they've received my DTK back or I have a promo. The whole thing is a bit of a mess really for a company as slick as Apple usually is.