Cloud not install [App] The requested app is not available or doesn't exist. In TestFlight

When I Archive and upload to app store connect to test in TestFlight. It cannot download app and show

Code Block
Cloud not install [App] The requested app is not available or doesn't exist.

and When I look at previous Builds. It show same message in all build version.
It happen after renew apple development programs.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ts.dstws Down vote post of ts.dstws
18k views
  • Patrick: thanks for posting your reply about "Removed from Sale" status and TestFlight.

I updated an old app and successfully uploaded it for TestFlight testing. However, testers get the error message that it is not available or doesn't exist when trying to install it. Apparently it's because the old app is currently listed as "Removed from Sale". It was removed because it was developed using Flash based tools that don't meet App Store requirements. A similar update to another old app worked fine with TestFlight but it was still "Ready for Sale".

My new version of the app using xCode 12.5 and SwiftUI tests OK when locally installed. So it appears that I have to submit it for App Store approval before it can be tested using TestFlight!!

Add a Comment

Replies

I released new version, its now showing ready for sale status, I still cannot download from app store nor test flight builds.
OK, I take that back.

I released new app version to app store for review and selected to let the developer choose when to release.
They approved the app for developer release... still no test flight builds working.
I actually released the new version of the app that was approved for sale... app not available in test flight as well as apple app store.

around 6 hours later, the app is now available in both app store and test flight.

This is exactly what happened to me, only when i put a new version up "Ready For Sale" did the app work in Test Flight

still having this issue in 2023

same issue

i am facing same issue, TF build not installing but i submitted this build to store. Is this issue will come in live too (after approve)? how this will fix?

• no solution for TF build, but I submit that build on live, after approve that is working fine. but still TF build not working, I tried new version/build also on TF. still same issue.

Add a Comment

Is there no solution for this stupid bug?

I am also having this problem.

We have two apps registered with AppStoreConnect. One of them all of a sudden is failing to install on device, thought the deployment to TestFlight succeeds. I can't yet any information as to why its failing to install.

Just the dialog on device with this message:

Could not install <App Name>: The requested app is not available or doesn't exist.

I have tested on various iPads, iPhone 12 mini and tvOS. Have tried to add, remove and readd test groups and install attempts at each step. Have tried changing the test details message and install attempt afterwards.

This app is in the 'Prepare for Submission` state on ASC, with a yellow icon.

• Hi did you solve this problem? because am getting the same error.

Add a Comment

So frustrating that this issue still exists several years later. I have run into the same thing. We are testing very early versions of our app and do not want to release it to the app store in order to be able to test in TestFlight. Apple: please fix this!

I have the same problem, however my app never was released for sale yet. still in the development phase and all of a sudden all previous releases are now expired. New versions deploy fine to TF, and shows up for users but they get the same "Could not install [app name]. The requested app is not available or doesn't exist."

My next try is to create a new app I guess.

I have the same bug as well.

I submitted the first build of my app to TestFlight (it's not been put onto the store yet) just yesterday. The next day when I had time to install and test it I saw that the build had become expired. I uploaded another build, which appears to have been accepted without issue, created an internal testing group, found it on TestFlight, and then "The requested app is not available or doesn't exist."

What????

• Oh, how could I forget!

Of course I can't set up testing from the TestFlight web portal, because that would just be too easy, right? When I try to make a new test, on the screen where I can type some notes to the testers, when I click "Submit for Review" I get the error message, "There was an error processing your request. Please try again later."

So helpful!

The only way I can't set up tests, internal or external, is with the TestFlight on an iPhone, but nobody can install the app!

• Exactly the same happens for me! This is an impossible situation. My client wants to test the app. But it should not be publicly released yet. What should I do? Seems that I am paying the yearly App Store fee for having a service like this!? Google Play never has had any problem like this...

Add a Comment

3 of my apps are now having the same issue even though they were working just fine a couple of days ago. None of them are removed from sale. Feels like a bug on Apple's side.

So this started hapenning to me as well. My app was dopwnloadable from TestFlight and al lof a sudden it stop working. I tried to create a new hello World ios tets flight app and the same result. So i assume that something happened to my developer account, but I don't see anything wrong there.