Big Sur: Transporter.app failed to decompress the app

Big Sur 11.2
I recently upgraded my Mac from Catalina to Big Sur.
Since then Transporter.app fails to process the signed .pkg when I try to upload to the App Store:
Could not create a temporary .itmsp package for the app “TakinSigned.pkg”.
Failed to decompress the app.

There is no log file, no explanation.

The signed package is produced as for Catalina through the commands:
productbuild --component "Takin.app" /Applications "Takin.pkg"
productsign --sign <3rd Party Mac Developer Installer certificat> --keychain ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain "Takin.pkg" “TakinSigned.pkg”

Any suggestion ?

Accepted Reply

I reply to myself.
Transporter's error message "Failed to decompress the app." with no more explanation is just a shame and was responsible for a big waste of time on my side.
Another problem is that command line test tools such as
spctl --assess or spctl -a -t execute
may give inaccurate results depending on the certificate is use (Developer ID or Apple Distribution)

After a lot of efforts, it turned out that:
  • one of the 226 libraries of my App had a missing LCUUID

• one of the libs had a problem with a sealed ressource. I had to search for it manually to finally identify the problem.

In other words "Transporter: Failed to decompress the app." should translate into "Transporter successfully decompress the App, but the bundle is rejected because ..."_

Replies

I have not tested it yet but I read that the problem is "productsign" not "Transporter.app".
productsign is Okay with Catalina but does not correctly sign .pkg files with Big Sur.
If this is the correct answer, I would say that the error message from Transporter is totally non-informative and misleading.
I reply to myself.
Transporter's error message "Failed to decompress the app." with no more explanation is just a shame and was responsible for a big waste of time on my side.
Another problem is that command line test tools such as
spctl --assess or spctl -a -t execute
may give inaccurate results depending on the certificate is use (Developer ID or Apple Distribution)

After a lot of efforts, it turned out that:
  • one of the 226 libraries of my App had a missing LCUUID

• one of the libs had a problem with a sealed ressource. I had to search for it manually to finally identify the problem.

In other words "Transporter: Failed to decompress the app." should translate into "Transporter successfully decompress the App, but the bundle is rejected because ..."_