IOS 14.4 Continued Bluetooth Issues

Hi all,
My phone has just been updated IOS 14.4. It seems there is no solution for Bluetooth problems.

My Iphone X with IOS 13 works well with the Bluetooth in my Toyota car. It can play music and receive phone call via Bluetooth. Since I got Iphone 12 Pro Max with IOS 14, more issue arises. Bluetooth just constantly disconnected when music is turned on. It is not able to receive phone call from Iphone via Bluetooth even though I did reset its setting as well as iphone settings. This issue is really annoying if somebody call when I am driving.

Does anyone get same frustrating matter?

I am so disappointed with Apple Services since IOS 14 was released . Please fix this as soon as possible.
Answered by miguki in 660224022
Bluetooth phone worked perfectly with my 2011 Volvo C70 with iPhone SE (2015), after I changed to iPhone 12 mini, bluetooth module in my car freezes and restarts after one phone call. Volvo has updated module to the newest software available but without luck. Checked with other iPhones 12, same story. Can you help in any way? iOS 14.4
Same issue on my iPhone 6s Plus. I’ve read so many other complaints since the newest update. The other complaints were on various phones not just the older models. All Bluetooth devices I try to connect have the same issue. I’ve gone through all of the “fixes” and nothing works. Hopefully the next update will fix this. Very disappointed in Apple, especially since their products are so expensive.
Same here. Have had iPhones since 3GS and never had an issue.
Last phone before iPhone Pro Max 12 was an iPhone X which is the best phone i've ever had.
Never had any issues with bluetooth, now it's a nightmare. Stuttering audio in my earpods, disconnect, reconnect and it works fine for a few minutes than stuttering again. It works best in my Mercedes bluetooth where the problem is more rare but they are there too. I've tried everything that's listed, resetting network settings and all... same problem.
The only thing left is to start up the phone without using a backup, but that is insane.

I gave my wife my iPhone X but i'm thinking of swapping with her since i use my bluetooth (and phone in work) a lot and she doesnt use bluetooth. It's not worth these issues, this has to be hardware related.
iPhone 11. Bluetooth issues with Soundcore Life Q30. With iPhone 8 pairs perfect!!!!! With iPhone 11 there are sounds cuts an stuttering all the time. Shame on you. Please fix it!!!!! It’s impossible all the devices to be Apple. Please open up to the world and make compatible products. Don’t make users get bored of the brand.
I have a similar problem as many others here. My Iphone 12 Pro Max IOS 14.4.2 does connect through bluetooth in my new car (A DS3 Crossback) and I can even make calls. But when someone calls me, I can not take the call. I get a phone symbol in the display but when I press it, it just won't connect. Switched my simcard to my old IPhone 8 with the same IOS, and I can pick calls without any problems. I even went back to where I bought the car and we tried the Iphone 12 in another similar DS car. Same problem! Then we tried in a Peugeot, and it worked. What is wrong with the Iphone 12 software when it comes to some cars?
I have the same issue with my Lexus RX350 2020: If I am playing the music in the background and a call comes in, I can take this call, but the Bluetooth disconnected right after the call. I have to turn the Bluetooth on and off again to reconnect.
I had a test with the tech support, he ran a test on the hardware and no hardware issue was found.
I have the same Bluetooth issue with my iPhone 12 Pro and my Volvo xc60 2011my.
They can pair, sometimes I can even make one call and after that they loose each over- they show as connected but they stop interacting.
It worked excellent with my previous iPhone 6s and 7.
I contacted support 3 times and each time they say that it is my car issue, not theirs.
It is ridiculous! I bought one of the most expensive phones and I cannot drive safe!
absolutely unacceptable!
Hello All,

I have been working on this issue after IOS update on my old iPhone 7, as well as brand new 12 Pro for a few months. The issue is most definitely not hardware related as we have tested this in multiple vehicles with both devices. I am not an apple developer, but do work IT at a larger company. (User Access Management, Application Support)

Symptoms include: complete de-sync of headsets during music, sound, application sound play; frozen head-units after de-sync or automatic un-pairing. Crashed Applications. The issues persist while the phone is unlocked, locked, applications playing sound open or closed.

Troubleshooting has included the following on BOTH devices:

Reset Application(s)
Forget, re-pair
Turn Bluetooth off, re-pair
Network Reset
Factory Reset of iPhone 7

The vehicles include:
2021 Elantra with Apple Carplay
2020 F-250 with Apple Carplay
2020 Nautilus
2019 Rav 4 (Daily)
2017 F-250
2015 Tacoma (Daily)

Headsets/Paired devices include:
Blackweb HPhone A003
Bose Color Soundlink
Bose SLIII
Bose QC 35II Gaming Headset
TaoTronics TT-BH053
TaoTronics TT-BH07
TaoTronics TT-BH085
Stealth 700 (PS4)
TAOTRONICS Soundliberty 79
TAOTRONICS SoundSurge 77
Pathfinder 3
Uconnect
MIL-PRV21 (Lund Boat)

Summary for our testing has concluded that the iOS 14 updates have (once again) broken functionality with our hardware. The frustration with Apple updates has continued for years with our devices.

Unfortunately, we can not safely use our phones and drive, even with the connection functionalities of brand new/older phones. Reversion to a previous iOS version temporarily fixed the issue. Unfortunately, we will need to upgrade the phones to a newer version of iOS at some point. Because of this, we have liquidated our Apple Products and purchased Android-based phones.

Good Luck Everyone,
Ryan
Just adding my problem to the list. No problems at all with my iPhone 10 and my Volvo XC60 until upgrading to an iPhone 12 Pro two weeks ago. Same problem with streamed music “skipping”. First world problem, we know, but it still needs to be fixed Apple. We’re paying a lot of money for these phones and you’re the first to charge a fortune is we want something fixed that’s deemed to be our fault.
Same problem here with iPhone 12 Pro and Peugeot 508. playing music works well but a phone call using car speakers is not possible. Is there any solution to get a basic feature out of a 1000 € cell phone? Any 150 € cell phone is able to handle a Bluetooth call with any car.

shame on Apple!

BR
chris
Same problem here with the BMW e60. Works perfectly with iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 8 running iOS 13. iPhone 12 pro running iOS 14 and it keeps disconnecting when using Siri or after a phone call.

I have had Bluetooth problems with my beloved iPhone for years. I think I may have found the solution.

Go to Settings, then Bluetooth, then look at the info for the paired device, and you’ll see something I never saw before, an option to define the kind of device it is; i.e., headset, speaker, etc.

Once I did this my Bluetooth problems appear to have been solved.

BTW if my info is stale, my apologies.

I have Iphone 12 Pro, connecting to a bluetooth car, I can make and answer calls, but phone book and call list is not available.

I unfortunately have the exact same problem. I have a 2011 Volvo XC70, and my iPhone XS worked flawlessly with the handsfree integration in that car (Bluetooth).

But after I bought the iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 14.x) at the end of 2020, I have severe connection issues with the car. I find it very strange that there seems to be no updates from Apple on this matter, since it seems to affect a LOT of iOS 14.x users.

Running Version 14.6 and still no resolution. Constantly skips music on Bose head phones and Eskin receiver. Never had an issue before version 14. Apple needs to fix this - unless they are just trying to sell their headset as those seem to work fine with 14.6

I have this problem too.

When I updated to iOS 14.4 and more, my iPhone 11 has some bluetooth issues. Apple didn't fix that with any updates or something. I tried everything. Literally everything.

Interesting thing, there is no bug or something while connecting bluetooth. It appears mostly while playing music or video.

Apple, please solve this problem. It's really disturbing and sometimes I want to break my phone.

I have the same issue with Volvo XC60 and iPhone 12 on iOS 14.6. - car dashbord freezes (needs to shutdown the engine and start again), unable to make calls/accept calls really wanted to throw the iPhone out of the car's window!!

My solution: Switched back to my old iPhone XS Max also on iOS 14.6 and the problem is gone.

It's sad that I had to give up my new iPhone 12 and go back to the XS Max. I hope it's software related only issue, but starts to seems like a HW issue with the newer iPhones!

Problem fixed in ios15

This has GOT to be a joke! A £1,200 iPhone 12 Pro Max with so much Bluetooth bugs it’s unreal! Music playback on my Mercedes S Class keeps dropping every few seconds, AirPods struggles to connect, most times it’s a lottery when it connects. All round car connectivity problems, too much to list. This is so FRUSTRATING APPLE! I feel robbed. Am done, back to Android once my contract runs out. Apple no longer cares about its customers clearly.

Have the same issue with my bmw e60 just after switching from XR to 12 pro max. iPhone connected to car audio, contact list available, all looking fine. BUT! I can't receive a call, pressing to receive button - nothing. Try make a call - after 5-10 second connection lost. With Xr everything is fine....

I have similar issues with my new highlander. iPhone 12 connects using Bluetooth but when I play music, it drops after a few seconds for any reason. Such as hitting a bump or a message arriving on the phone. It didn’t have an issue the other day with a call. The song shows as playing on both device and head unit. I mess with it, press play and pause repeatedly and sometimes it will start playing again. Or start over with a new list. Or just switch to the radio 🙄 or Sirius free trial.

Check which version of Bluetooth the device has. It seems Apple has restricted the new phones from connecting to older versions of Bluetooth. I have a Bluetooth speaker bathroom fan which has Bluetooth 4.0. I had no issue connecting to it with my iPhone XS Max. But my iPhone 12 Pro Max will not connect. Not a huge deal as I still have my old phone and I can use that. Just a little inconvenient. Hope this helps.

I have the same issue. My Iphone 12 pro max,disconnects during calls on my airpods pro,bluetooth stops in between. its a horrible experience after paying boatloads of money. I changed my airpod pro,gave my phone to them to fix at apple repair centre but no resolution at all. Sometimes apple is just pathetic

No solution sadly, but I am having identical issues with my 12 mini (iOS 14.7) connecting to my 2011 Volvo XC70. Tested with various other handsets and all is fine, but with the 12 mini I cannot make/receive calls via Bluetooth in the car despite showing as connected. Please sort this out Apple, this is core functionality and essential for many of your customers. Over and above the inconvenience, the inability to use the phone integrated to car Bluetooth is a safety issue.

I have this same issue with my iPhone 12 mini. I never had any issues with my previous phone (Android). My partner also has no issues with their older model iPhone (running the same iOS version BTW).

The disconnection seems to happen when I switch apps I’m using to listen to audio (Music, Audible, YouTube, Spotify, etc.).

I drive a 2015 Mini Cooper and have been informed by the dealership that there are no updates for the audio system that haven’t already been installed.

Apple…. this sucks.

Hi, I recently switched from Android to iPhone 12 Pro. My car is Skoda Octavia 2015. Since the very first time my iPhone was connected to the car audio, the sound is stuttering once in 15 - 20 seconds, turning my music experience from pleasant to annoying. How come that I have now almost the best phone in the world, and I have problems in a very basic functionality, where, by the way, Android never let me down. Please help

IOS 14.4 Continued Bluetooth Issues

Q