Pls fix m1 chip issues with external monitor hidpi

Can apple pls, pls, pls, tell me when can you fix the problem of m1 chip not support hidpi on external monitors? Or do you even aware of this problem?

I've been using mac for a long time, and i was able to connect to a external monitor with high resolution and good size fonts using 3rd party softwares, like one-key-hidpi or rdm.

However, now with your latest m1 chip, none of them work anymore. Now i can either use a high resolution with ant size fonts, or i can choose big font size with blurry displays resolution, which is very annoying.

so, are we going to fix this issue? or is there any workaround for this?

same issue here, I am using 2k Acer monitor with MacBook Air m1 and I can get the maximum resolution with my monitor but with ant size UI and fonts, no HIDPI scaling options here.. shame
I am using a 2K Dell Monitor S3220DGF at its native resolution 1440p and everything is fuzzy and blurry. I am out of options on what I can do to make it looks crisp and sharp. I just moved from Windows to macOS after a lifetime on Windows just to find out i can't use my external monitor without getting a headache
any upgrade?
Still a massive problem. Come on Apple!!! This is a really really essential and basic need. Why does my 1080p 6 year old monitor look better than a new 2k monitor. You couldn't make it up. Please sort it out so I can actually see what I'm doing. The text is so small I don't think even the borrowers would be able to see it at this point.

FIX THE PROBLEM APPLE ****! I DONT WANT TO BUY A NEW MONITOR JUST BECAUSE OF THIS! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE UI AS HIDPI ON MY 2K DISPLAY OR CREATE CUSTOM RESOLUTIONS THAT CAN HAVE HIDPI OPTIONS ENABLED! APPLE DONT BECOME TRASH YOU CAN DO THIS ON WINDOWS AND SET THE UI TO 125% WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
APPLE - RESPOND TO THIS NOW!

If you are not going to do anything about this problem, FINE - JUST SAY SO - because there are MANY people like me (not only this thread) having multiple issues getting ANY DISPLAY to look half decent on M1 Macs. I've gone through 3 monitors already, and months of searching for an answer - AND NOTHING. Do I buy a ANOTHER different monitor? do I wait and suffer with the garbage display output on M1 Macs? do I sell my Mac mini? This is sickening. Lawsuit should come next in my opinion, and I'll be right there. Had I known this would be an ongoing issue with my Mac mini, I NEVER WOULD HAVE PURCHASED IT. - and I currently regret it in a BIG way.

I never thought I'd say this - but this might be the very last straw for me and the Apple ecosystem.
I registered here just to leave this message. Apple fix it! It is not possible to work with the QHD monitor. SwitchResX doesn't help either, and the standard zoom change is something terrible! Make it possible to use the M1 hdpi mode!
Please somebody file a lawsuit for this issue already! Apple deserves to be sued and humiliated for blocking us from using HiDPI on QHD displays even with 3rd party workarounds that have existed for years! Disgusting apple! SOMEONE PLEASE SUE THEM ASAP
Just bought a M1 Macbook and having the same issue with a 2K display.
No scaling options at all, not even with 3rd party tools. The laptop itself was way expensive, there is no reason to buy another monitor if this one is working perfectly with any OS in the world, even older Macs.
Sign here and share:

http ://chng.it/mvKSgMcM

Maybe Apple will think about it...

Same issue here, received Lenovo ThinkVision P24Q-20 1440p monitor, connected to my MacBook Pro M1 13" ant no normal scaling options, no third party software like SwitchResX or RDM can change that also. So either the font is too small, or the image is too blurry, anyway getting slowly blind working like this.

Just signed up to support this question! really a big issue... :(

Apple! You must return hidpi support for external monitor. My LG 34UM88C-P 3440x1440 work fine with macbook pro 2017, but not macbook pro m1.

I am very upset by this fact. in the future I plan to abandon any new apple products.

I noticed after my monitors wake from sleeping the HiDPI scale started working for my Dell UP2715K connected via Thunderbolt 3 on my M1 mac mini.

The monitors had to be in screensaver mode (20min) before sleeping. Forcing them to sleep and waking doesn't work. Something able being left alone for 20 or more min seems to fix the issue.

I'm facing the same issue. Please fix this ASAP.

Same problem on mac mini M1 with LG 27GL850. I cannot change the scale, only the resolution, but if I do all appears blurred. It is unacceptable!

I have done it! I got HiDPI working on my mac mini connected to a benq 2k monitor. I've got options of 720p, 1080p, 1440p HiDPI and more. I had to buy a dummy hdmi plug costing about $10. Then created a startup resolution of 1920 x 1080 with scaled base at 3840 x 2160 on switchresX. That enabled HiDPI options on the dummy plug and now I'm mirroring that to my mac mini's primary display. At least now I don't have to spend $500-1000 on a new display.

Yeah +1 to this.

This is issue is resolved for mac mini users with a simple <$10 dummy plug like the one below

I demand a statue be erected in my honour for this very solution

Had the same problem with scaling. Got the 4K portable monitor UPERFECT https://www.amazon.com/Touchscreen-UPERFECT-Automatic-3840x2160-Integrated/dp/B083ZFG1PF?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Connect it to old MacBook Pro 2015 via HDMI and everything is ok, I got a scaling options.

Connect to M1 MacBook Air via USB-C and everything goes bad. The "Default for display" resolution is incorrect (on old macbook everything is ok), and i can't set scale for display. If i choose 1080p, then the resolution goes 1080p and text go very blurry and uncomfortable to working with. I updated macOS to latest available version 11.4 and the problem still remain. Does anybody tries on beta Monterey?

Also i tried connect the display to M1 macbook through HDMI via hub, but everything the same.

I found a solution for QuadHD monitor and M1 Mac and posted on Macrumors forum.

Search "Solution. QuadHD monitor with HiDPI and Mac Mini M1" in Google.

Briefly, you need to buy 4K HDMI EDID emulator (8 USD), USB-C to DisplayPort or HDMI converter (8-12 USD) and enable Mirror Displays option in macOS. Now you'll see scaled HiDPI resolutions.

I'm quite upset about this actually. Just bought a M1 mini and planned on using my UPerfect (strange brand name, great screen) 4k portable monitor with it. I was excited since the HiDPi worked fine with the 2013 MBP I'm replacing. Then I connected it to the mini and... no options as others have reported. Surely someone from Apple has heard about this and if they are reading this, I regret buying the M1 mini, I should have bought an intel version... How can you say the M1 is superior when it cannot even be used to write an email? Apple used to be the reference in how UI is easy on the eye. This is the exact opposite. I guess I have to waste money on a 1080p monitor now... forget about 4k. Thanks for the half-baked product Apple...

4 months and still no fix. Super disappointing... I just want to use my 2k monitor!

How is this still unfixed Apple? It is already over eight months from M1 release!

Pls fix m1 chip issues with external monitor hidpi

Q