IDFA collection on apps built with Expo, but no actual usage of it going on

Hi,

The Expo SDK, in the managed workflow, includes an API bundle package that allows some internal APIs to access the IDFA.

However, not every app will use the APIs that interact with the IDFA. Moreover, the IDFA is not exposed outside the internal APIs, there is no way to actually read the IDFA value directly and make use of it - only the internal APIs can do so, and only if you use such APIs.

The new app store connect App Privacy requirements however, contains a few entries, that make it mandatory to indicate that you're using some data type for tracking and advertising purposes, only because - technically - the IDFA can be accessed by the app.

While I understand the reason, I don't find it fair to indicate that an app is actually tracking the user.
I am working on a number of apps with the Expo SDK, which do not have any intention of (and do not use any APIs for) tracking the user.

Is there an option in this scenario in which we can indicate to app store connect that an app is not tracking the user, even if the Expo SDK has access to the IDFA?

More information about IDFA in expo:

docs.expo.io/distribution/app-stores/#ios-specific-guidelines

forums.expo.io/t/getting-apple-idfa-and-android-equivalent/3175