Big Sur 11.2 not going to sleep when closing lid

MBA 2015 after Big Sur update to 11.2 beta 20D5042d not going to sleep when closing lid. When booting in safe mode - sleep works ok. System Monitor shows that WindowServer process prevents system from sleeping. Clicking on Apple->Sleep works ok. NVRAM,PRAM,SMC reset didn't help.
Same here. MacPro 15inch / Mid 2015. Big Sur 11.2 closing lid does nothing. I attempted every fix I could find and nothing helped. Definitely linked to the latest beat release which is why they call them beta! Sure it will be fixed at next release until that time I manually enter sleep mode before closing lid :(
Same issue with MBP 15in Late 2013
Same problem MBP13" early2015... when closing lid, nothing happens ;( I've allready installed the 11.2 RC... going back to 11.1 everything works fine except some apps like fotos etc. because of a newer version HAHA
Hi all! was also receiving the same issue, on a MBP 15 2018 i9, I managed to resolve the issue after trying all of the above, I found that it was the latest build of Firefox that was causing the issue, removed the app and now works fine.
Would like to know others thoughts on the issue too. thanks
Same issue with MBP 16" in 2019...
Fixed in macOS 11.2 RC2!!!!!

I have BigSur 11.5.2 and it is still happening with me :(, thinking to downgrade to Catalina. Any fixes?

Same problem here, latest 11.6 and still happening after doing every possible step found online. Mojave/Catalina sleeps without any issues. I even tried to install 12.0 using OpenCore Legacy Patcher and the same problem occurs. Pre-Big Sur releases sleep properly. Seems Apple screwed up something for at least some older MacBooks, mine is mid-2014 pro with gt750m.

Big Sur 11.2 not going to sleep when closing lid

Q