Return DTK Developer Transition Kit

Hello there.
The Developer Transition Kit was of great help, but now I want to return it but the contract doesn't say where to send it. It just says that you need to return it 30 days after some announcement that hasn't occurred. Just wondering if I could return it earlier ?

Replies

Just wait for the email with the instructions. It's not a big deal to keep it for a few more weeks, or is it?

Too bad we don't get a production model in exchange. It's a shame they only give us a $200 coupon.
Anyway, it was interesting to play around with it. Well, when it worked - mine was bricked for several weeks after an update.
Personally, I feel the $200 certificate is way too little. The DTK was completely useless to me. My app is based on third party libraries that were not available for Apple Silicon, and are only now being converted, because they didn’t pay for a DTK so they couldn’t start their conversion until after the release. I waited patiently, and I even tried to reinvent some stuff, but it was futile. For small private developers, like myself, that saw this as an opportunity that never came to fruition, if was just a disappoint and a waste of money.

aside from being able to test is apps would run okay under Rosetta 2, it proved to a lesson to not spend money on such things, because unless I spend even more money on an M1 Mac, I will be out the cost of the DTK, with no chance of even recouping the portion of the $200.

They should just add the systems to the list of supported platforms and let us keep them, or offer a bigger incentive to buy a new M1 Mac than $200... we know the better chips will be released very soon and be much more appropriate for development purposes.
My SDK Kit was received almost a month ago - @apple when will you start sending out the refund/credit codes ?
Hey! Any word when those credits are going to be sent out? I would literally be buying a new M1 machine as soon as I get it.